chapter fifteen.

"The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost... a dance."

It's been a day since Y/n talked to Mattheo. Currently she was sitting on the girls side in Professor Mcgonagall's class.

"The house of Godrick Griffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

Y/n watched as Fred and George began mumbling and making fun of their Professor which made her laugh.

Looking back at her professor she sees Ron dancing with her.

Y/n covers her mouth to hide her laughter while Ron gives her an ugly look.

"Everybody come together." Y/n was the last girl to go to the center for she saw no reason in taking this "lesson".

Her eyes land on Mattheo but the person who stepped in front of her was none other than Cedric.

"Would you be my partner?" Cedric asks Y/n with a grin.

She gives a quick look to Mattheo and sees a nasty look on his face but proceeded to answer.

"Yes I'd love to." Y/n took Cedric's left hand while his right hand went to her waist pulling her closer to him.

The music begins playing and they both start swaying to the music.

Y/n can hear Cedric talking to her but it sounds sort of muffled because she isn't paying attention to Cedric, she's looking at Mattheo. Who is going Cedric a nasty look still.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" Cedric asks Y/n.

"Oh yea yea sorry didn't mean to seem distracted." Y/n responses.

"So will you help me?" Cedric asks making Y/n give a questioning look.

"Help you with what?"

"Well I like Cho and it's obvious you like Mattheo, so why don't we help each other out you know? Mattheo seeing you with me will make him jealous and Cho seeing me with you will make her jealous. See what I'm getting at?"

Y/n never took Cedric for this type of person.

"Well first of all I don't like Mattheo. Second of all I'm not going to be used by you just so you can get with Cho. If you like her that much just man up and talk to her yourself. Aren't you a Hogwarts Champion? You've slain a dragon, talking to a girl should be a breeze." Y/n says while Mcgonagall dismisses the class.

Hermione, Ron, and Harry catch up with their friend.

"Bloody hell Y/n, seems you've got all of Hogwarts wanting to date you." Ron says.

Y/n just turns and glares at Ron, while seeing Mattheo trying to catch up to them.

"Pretend like you are talking to me." Y/n says to the three.

"We are talking to you?" Harry says back.

But soon after that Mattheo approaches them.

"Diggory really?" Mattheo questions.

"What about him Riddle?" Y/n asks sighing.

"You just had to dance with him of all people."

"And who else would I have danced with Mattheo, tell me cause I sure don't know." Y/n says while her three friends began walking away very slowly.

"And you three don't leave me alone with him." Y/n says making the three stop walking.

"You could have danced with Harry or Ron." Mattheo answered.

"Oh my apologies Mattheo next time I'll be sure to ask you for permission for you to choose who I dance with, since apparently you believe you have that authority."