6

The night was quite windy, not humid. Fiona walked with sobs sounding with her steps.
Crying wasn't her favorite thing to do in public, but no one was in the streets, therefore she felt "safe".
She was heading to Jamie's house, the only one friend she trusted, and she knew he actually cared about her, unlike Julia, or Murdock, or whoever was around her.
She was sure she knew where Jamie's house was, she would go there since she was born, but she wasn't the one driving there, so she felt lost. She kept looking around, seeking for some sign saying "Jamie's house is right here" with a big arrow, lighten up by coloured lights, but of course, there wasn't, nor any kind of familiar sign that could have reminded her the right way. It all looked the same.
«I've told you a thousand times today.» an angry voice came out of one of the houses, loud and trembling.
«I'm doing it.» another voice spoke back, a younger one, as annoyed as the first one.
Curious as Fiona was, she instantly looked, to see Alex Turner, throwing the rubbish. She wiped the tears from her face and stared at the mop haired boy.

After shutting the bin's door close, with a thud, he looked up, to see Fiona on the other side of the street.
He didn't take much to flush and feel embarrassed.
Fiona shyly approached. «What- what are you doing here?» Alex asked her.
«Just going for a walk,» she lied. «Jamie lives here, doesn't he?»
He looked at the street. «Well, you passed his house...» he said. «like five houses ago.»
Fiona looked behind, sighed and looked back at Alex.
«I can bring you there if you need...» Alex offered, with some fright in his tone.
Fiona looked down ashamed. «It's alright, I guess I'll just go home.»
«No, wait.» Alex said with all his courage. «You seem... out of sorts, you alright?»
«Yeah, don't worry.» she faked a smile.
«'Cause you can talk about it if you want...»
Not even he could believe himself, normally he would have just said a couple of words stuttering.
«I don't think you would care, but thanks.» Fiona said, before walking away.
«I do care,» he said, making her stop and turn around. «indeed I love hearing you talk.»
He wanted to bury himself alive, he was out of his mind, but she liked it, she smiled, this time for real.
«Thanks Alex, but it's nothing to worry about, I'm just overreacting.»
She, once again, turned on her hills to walk away, when Alex's voice stopped her. «I just wanted to tell you that Julia told everyone... the- the thing with Murdock.»
«Fuck.» Fiona whispered, loud enough to let Alex hear her.
«I'm sorry, you don't deserve this.» he said.
«I do deserve it.» Fiona said.
Alex shook his head. «Don't say that.»
«I appreciate your kindness, but that's exactly what I deserve,» she said. «I'm a bloody spoiled and snobby girl, that fucks around with everybody.» Alex didn't know what to say. «Everybody knows my shit, because everybody hates me and tries to make me look bad.»
«You're not that bad of a person you think you're...» Alex said. «or say you're.»
«That's because not everything they say about me it's true.» she said. She approached and sat on the edge of the pavement; Alex took a second before doing it as well. «Test me.»
He looked at her puzzled. «W-what?»
«Test me,» she repeated. «tell me something people say about me, and I'll tell you if it's true or not.»
Alex looked down at his shoes. «I don't- I don't know if I should...»
«Oh come on.» Fiona said. She thought a second for a fake rumor about her. «I did not have a threesome, now you go.»
Alex swallowed the lump in his throat, Fiona's legs were brushing against his. «There- there was this rumor, that for... acting class, you- you-»
«Fucked Mr Byrne? Well...»
Alex stared at her with his eyes wide open. «You-»
She smiled amused. «I'm only kidding,» she said, giggling a little. «I did not, Bettany was just jealous I got the part she wanted and spread the rumor.»
Alex frowned. «And why didn't you stop it?»
Fiona shrugged. «I know it's not true and that's all that matters.»
Alex nodded. «What about the rumors about your brother?» he dared to ask.
She sighed. «Unfortunately those are all true.»
«So he ate a raw deer in the street?» he asked her.
Fiona snapped him a shocked look. «What? No. Who even said that?»
Alex smiled shaking his head.
Since Alex was sure that Fiona had nothing to do with Murdock anymore, he jumped in. «Would you like to go out on Friday?» he quickly asked her. She looked at him. «Like eat something... or I don't know.»
Suddenly Fiona looked away. «Actually I can't, I'm sorry, but we can do it another time.» she said. She stood up and fixed her shorts. «Thanks for cheering me up, I'll see you around.»
And so she left him, sat on the pavement, looking at her shadow squashed on the street.