15

December, the month of joy, kindness and love.
An unexpected message boosted his happiness completely; Fiona asked him to see her in a park and of course he accepted. He would have lied if he said he didn't hope to make up and get back together with her. Notwithstanding Alex was getting pretty good through the break up, he still missed her more than anything else, and he couldn't bare the realisation of the two of them being strangers again. Jamie had inform him about Fiona's parents' divorce, but other than that, he refused to talk about Fiona to Alex, for his own mental health.

Wearing a big coat, boots and heavy jeans, he walked to the park Fiona had told him. He inspected every inch of it, until he spotted her blonde hair, up with a black hair clip. She was looking around, seeking for Alex, choked by her own nervousness.
He sat next to her, on the ice-cold bench. He didn't really know what to say, luckily, after a deep sight, Fiona spoke. «Alex, I'm leaving for London.» she said straight up.
Everything happened so quickly that Alex needed a moment to process the information. He frowned. «What? When?» he asked shocked, he expected everything, but that.
«Tomorrow.» she shamefully said. «I wanted to see you before leaving. I'll attend an acting school, I wanna be an actress.»
«But what did your parents say? Did they agree?»
«No, but I earned enough money to do it myself.»
He was dying inside, as if all of his organs were sucked into a black hole, and inside his stomach there was just emptiness. The winter's cold was nothing compared to the news he got, that shattered his heart in million pieces. He was completely speechless.
«I also wanted to thank you... and say sorry,» she said. «I've treated you like shit, but I do still love you, and I'm sure I always will.» she said.
She was shyly smiling, on the other hand, he was about to cry, he wasn't ready to leave her.
Fiona looked down, the ground was wet and so were her boots, leaves were glued to the floor and soaking. When she looked up, Alex was still looking at her. They stared into each other's eyes for a comple of seconds, before Fiona took the initiative to place her hands on his cheeks and kiss him.
Her lips tasted like strawberry chapstick, that also smelled like it. Her lips were soft, but cold, instead her mouth was hot and sweet.
That sweet kiss started feeling bitter when she pulled away. Alex's eyes were red, but Fiona's were completely flooded. She sniffled. «I'm sorry.» she said.
He shook his head without enough strength to say anything, but managed to pull her into a hug, as she burst in tears and sobs.
That day, when Fiona was so emotional in Alex's arms, he tried to be strong and not cry even harder than she was, knowing very well that he would have had, but later.

They left the park and the bench, when it started raining, just about half an hour later; «Be safe, will you?» was the last thing Alex said to Fiona. «I will.» was the last thing Fiona said to Alex. They both ran to their houses and when Alex stepped in his, sadness hit him like a train. He knew he wouldn't have had the chance to see her ever again, and nothing seemed worst than that.

In a matter of months, nothing in Sheffield spoke about Fiona anymore; his brother started working with his parents, therefore he was always travelling around, Florence stopped hanging with the group since Fiona wasn't there anymore, Jamie was sad, but he still talked to her daily, while the other people seemed to deal with it very well. The only things left about her, were the bittersweet memories and Alex's songs, which never left him.