19

A week after the tragic goodbye between Alex and Fiona, she tried to focus on her work, keep her feelings away and convince herself that everything was fine, but seeing Alex again, just opened the wound that she just wanted to let heal with time.
It was too late when she realised how stupid her choice was, and not matter how much she could have ruined his life, she wanted to be with him.
He was no longer in Austin, as she recall Jamie saying, they were in Chicago, heading to Seattle after a three days break.

She was reading The Call of Cthulhu, by H. P. Lovecraft, on the settee, in a oversized t-shirt of The Strokes and knee socks. It was oddly raining outside and nothing is more cozy than reading a book, with a cup of Yorkshire tea when it's raining.
The terrifying atmosphere of the book, made her get freaked out from a knock at the door, given that she haven't been expecting one.
Intrigued, she flipped her book facing the settee, so that she could keep the mark, and headed to the door.
On the other side of the door, there was the person she wouldn't have ever expected to see again, but deep down hoped for it. «I know what you said, and I wanted to accept it, but then there was this tune and I thought about you, and I kept playing it on repeated. I love you and there is nothing I can do if not repeating it to you until you'll love me back.» Alex said, with his raven black hair twirled in a quiff, leather jacket and black jeans.
«I never said I didn't love you, Alex.» Fiona said. «I think- I just want you to find someone better than me.»
«I want you,» Alex said. «nobody else. I wanna wake up next to you, I wanna fall asleep next to you... I just wanna be yours
Fiona's cheeks burned and tingled, as the skin became red. She didn't know what to say, therefore she let her intrusive thoughts win and kissed Alex.
She started smiling as the kiss became deeper, and he got worried. «What's wrong?» he whispered, an inch from her face, burning her lips with his warm breath.
«Remember the poem they gave us at school?» she smiled. «I wanna be yours by John Copper Clarke.»
Alex smiled softly and kissed Fiona again.

She let him in and offered him a cup of tea, he only accepted to spend time with her. «H. P. Lovecraft?» he asked looking at the book on the settee.
She turned from the kettle, to look at him. «It's really good.» she said.
«Isn't it a bit too... eerie?»
She smiled. «You don't see death as fascinating as I do.»
He also smiled as a innate response. «God, you're so dark
The automatic turning off of the kettle distracted them from their conversation and Fiona walked away to pour the hot water in the cups. «So how long have you been living here?» Alex asked her, sat on the settee.
«A month.» she said.

Words and words flew by their mouth, until it stopped, and those small talks became deep passionate kisses, that ended in bed.
«So you just dropped everything and came here?» Fiona asked him, as he left soft kisses on her neck.
«I was very drunk and high when I decided... but yeah. It was a great decision.»
Fiona smiled and kissed him. She almost forgot about the fact that she would have had to work the day after, and at some point he souls have left for the tour with his band mates. Slowly her smile faded away and Alex noticed it immediately.
He frowned. «You alright?» he asked her. His words were soft and sweet.
«What are we gonna do?» she asked him. He didn't know what to answer. «We can't just part and hope we meet each other again.»
He took a second to find the right words to express himself. «Come with me.»
«I can't.» she said straight away. «I have to work.»
«Leave it,» he said. «you'll stay with me.»
«No,» she softly shook her head. «I can't do this to you, and besides, what if we don't work... again, what I'm gonna do?»
He stared at her speechless. «You don't think we would work?»
«I'm not saying that.» she said getting sit. «But what if we don't work...»
«You don't think we'd work.» he said more convinced.
She sighed. «Alex, with you it's been heaven on earth for some weeks and pure hell the rest of the time, we are not teenagers anymore.»
He got out of the bed, throwing the sheets like despairing them. «You know what? Screw that, I came here just for you.»
«And I am so thankful,» she said following him into the living room. «I'm just thinking about what can I do.»
«Why don't you just trust me?» he asked exhausted. «It's always you splitting us apart.»
«That is not true,» she said. «you're the only person I have ever loved in my life.»
«Doesn't seam like.» He was fully dressed.
«Don't leave me,» she begged him. «please.»
He sighed. «Just let me finish the tour... and we'll talk about it.»
With those empty words he left her in her flat, with tears on her cheeks and weak knees.