|CHAPTER FIVE|

*ALEXIS' POV*
Dave.

When I say that man is the FINEST nigga I have ever seen in my existence, I truly mean and stand by that.

He is BEYOND delicious. His tall, light skinned ass.

With all them tattoos, and that New York accent, and that smile with those braids...

He's gonna make me wanna buss it open to have another child.

"You from here, ma? I ain't ever seen you before. Let alone, didn't know our daughters are best friends."

Dave questioned me as we were sitting down on a bench, his youngest daughter still in his arms. Alyssa took Kairi, Aniyah, and Loyal to skate.

"I know, I didn't know either, which is crazy. But yeah, I'm originally from Queens. When my mom and brother moved out of New York, that's when I moved to Harlem to be closer to my baby father for Aniyah. I've never seen you either, as much times as I've walked through the city."

"It's cause I'm a busy nigga. Always working my ass off. I'm a single father, so I'm always tryna make it happen for my daughters."

AND he's a single father?

Lord, please let this man be MINE.

"That's beautiful. I've met Kairi, who's this little cutie pie?"

"Oh, this is Kobi. They're both daddy's little princesses."

"I wish Aniyah can have that with her father. Her father is like a child in a grown man's body. He thinks being a father is just watching TV with her or taking her out every now and then. I mean, it is, but you also have to really be a father. His sister is the one always helping me with her."

"I can't stand niggas like that. No offense. But he needs to step the hell up and take responsibility for what he's made."

"No offense taken. But you're completely right, that's what I'm always telling him. But, nothing ever changes."

It's crazy how a complete stranger I met in the middle of New York City understands me more than my own baby father.

"Hopefully he'll man up one day before Aniyah doesn't want anything to do with him. How come you didn't move out of state with your mom and brother when they moved?"

"Honestly, I would've missed New York too much. I've been here my entire life, I didn't wanna just up and leave like that. Plus, they went to take care of my elderly grandmother.. super depressing."

I chuckled jokingly, causing Dave to laugh a bit too.

Even his laugh is so sexy..

"Since we now know that our daughters are best friends, maybe we should exchange numbers so we can link up to give them play dates."

"Yeah, for sure. Aniyah would sure love the idea of that."

I then handed Dave my phone so he could put his number into it. He handed me his so I can put my number into his.

"Mommy, look! I'm doing it on my own!"

Aniyah shouted from a distance. I looked at her and clapped for her, encouraging her to keep going.