|CHAPTER SEVENTEEN|

*ARMON'S POV*
"Why are we back in Texas? I just left from my grandma's house. Where's my mommy and why didn't she come?"

Little Aniyah was filled with questions as I was driving her back to Brenda, her grandmother's, house.

Now, you all might think I'm crazy and did this out of spite.

And that's TOTALLY not the case.

I only did this because I truly scented that Alexis and Aniyah were in danger going back to New York.

If Alexis didn't want to listen to me and come back with me for her own safety, then I had to do what had to be done;

Save Aniyah from it all.

"Don't worry, sweetheart. Your mommy is fine. She's probably worried sick about you. But I'll call her once I park my car. You were in a lot of danger being at Dave's house, so I came to get you before you got hurt."

"So, you're not going to hurt me?"

"No, not at all. I just took you so I can bring you back to grandma's house, so I know you're safe. I'm sorry if I scared you."

"It's okay. What kind of danger?"

"You don't have to worry about that, you're safe from it now."

"Can I call my mommy now? Please? I miss her."

Aniyah whined, starting to tear up. I then pulled over the car, parking it, and dialing Alexis' number.

"Armon, what do you want? I do NOT have the time to be fooling around with you right now."

"Before you become furious at me, just please listen to me."

"What?"

"I took Aniyah from Dave's house, and brought her back over to Texas."

"YOU WHAT?!"

"It was for her safety! I tried telling you to come back here with me, but you were stubborn and wouldn't listen! Was I right about the danger?! Or was I over reacting?!"

"... You were right. It turns out Dave is nothing like he says he was. He turns out to be a criminal. A BIG time criminal. I shouldn't have been so stupid to trust him so quickly. He literally killed my baby father and many more people. Including one of his best friends."

"See. I told you. I just wanted you two to be safe. Whenever things are calmed down, you can either come up here or I'll go down there to bring her to you. I'm dropping her off at your mom's so she can be with her and Trevor."

"You can't just kidnap my baby whenever you want, though! That's not okay!"

"I was JUST trying to help! Would you rather her be possibly dead, or safe with your mom?!"

"I get what you're saying.. but, still. You damn near almost gave me a heart attack. I thought I was going to have to open up a whole different case for kidnapping."

"Don't worry, she's okay."

"Do they already know what's going on?"