A vibe

Kayla POV...
Karson was done eating I was about to give her a bath. I was happy Jonah pulled up it showed me how much he actually cared.
I had to work tomorrow and I'm pretty sure Jonah did too. Tomorrow I was going to spend the day with Karson. I was tired as fuck tonight.
After Karson bath we both got in bed she laid down   and told me she loved me which melted my heart. My baby girl always made me feel better. She was already asleep. I seen my phone had a notification.

Jonah: You good ? I made it home.
Me: I'm okay. And good to hear.
Jonah: I hope you stay with me tomorrow let me make it up too you and I ain't talking bout sex Kay.
I busted out laughing it's like he could read my mind.
Me: Okay I'll think about it. Goodnight.
Jonah: Goodnight Pretty.

I sat my phone down and closed my eyes I was about to KO.

Jonah POV..
Today had been a stressful day it was time to lay it down I had to get ready for work tomorrow night and I had to go get my damn car cleaned.

My phone rung and it was Dino.

What's up Cuzzo ? I said.
Not shit just checking up on you. He said.
I'm good. Had a long ass day. I said.
How things go with Kayla ? He asked.
Shit it was good actually. We done had a day though she found out I fucked Andrea the same night of our date. Shit was crazy.

Nigga what ?? I didn't even know you was still messing with that mf. Dino said.
Man I don't even wanna think about it. I said.
I feel you nigga I seen Kay earlier at the hospital they had prayer for James I think they taking him off the plug tomorrow.  Dino said.

So Kayla was pissed at me for fucking my baby mama mean while she going to the hospital to see her ex ? I can't even get upset about that shit. I'm still gone mention it to her. I thought.
Damn fr I said. Condolences my nigga.

It's all good but shit I was just checking in on you Cuzzo love you nigga hit me later. Dino said.
Love you nigga I said and ended the call.
Man today was one wild day I thought too myself as I laid down in the bed. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Kayla POV...
I woke up and looked at my phone it was 10:45am I slept good as fuck. I was exhausted. Karson was still
sleep. I got up brushed my teeth and stepped outside to smoke my clip. I was going to take Karson to the museum.
My mom always made sure I had fun when I was little no matter what. My mom struggled but she made sure I never felt it. She kept our heads above water back then. She came out on top. Was one of the best at her job and was about to retire soon.

My mind started to wonder as I thought about Jonah. I really hope he was going to tighten up cause he was showing red flags already. Shit had me edge had me feeling like he couldn't be trusted.

I walked back in the house after finishing my clip and Karson was moving so that let me know she was about to wake up.
Good morning my baby l said. She smiled.
You ready to eat breakfast ? I asked. She shook her head Yes.
I got her up and out of bed. Made sure she brushed her teeth and washed her face. I made her some smoke sausage and grits and jelly toast and some fruit.
As I'm eating breakfast with my baby. I started thinking about how much my daughter meant to me.
Her dad was not in the picture. He wanted nothing to do with her and it use to hurt me but I grew to let that hurt go.
When we met I was 19 he was 26. It was just fun and lust. I didn't expect to get pregnant.

Me and him were never in a committed relationship. Sex was the relationship. He was laid back when I met him, funny, charming I would say.

Soon as he found I was pregnant everything changed. I promised myself rather he was in my daughter life or not I was going to have her and she was mine.

My baby was going to grow up to be amazing. Her sperm donor was going to miss out on that and that was his fault. I never understood how you could create someone and not care about them. I'll do life for my baby. Whatever she needed I was there.

My mom had my back when it came down to my daughter she was my support. I had no one else to help me. She was my family. We had family that stayed near us but me and my mom was so locked in.
Karson was done eating. "You ready to put some clothes on?" I asked her.
Yes mommy she said.
I was going to take her to the museum and to get ice cream.
I kept us in a fresh sweat suit when it got cold.
We had on our green polo sweatsuit with the chlorophyll dunks.

We headed out.
I took Karson to the museum she played and laughed. She was having a great time.
I had been so focused on me and Karson spending time together I forgot all about my phone.
I had a text from my mom, Jonah, Noelle, and a text from my manager.
I slid it too see what is said.
I was happy as fuck reading that message he said the mall would be closed tonight so no work but we would still be getting paid.
Jonah: You see we off tonight ? That mean you can come stay with me tonight if you got lil mama settled.
Damn I started to think. I might just stay with him. Get to know him even more.
Me: I might just do that 😘
I replied.
Noelle: Hey boo wyd ?

Me: Nothing about to leave this museum and go eat with Karson. Wya ?
Come on Karson we bout to go eat baby girl
She ran towards me so I could put her jacket on. We were about to eat at cheap Chilis. Idc what nobody say I'll fuck that shit up. Those southwest egg rolls always did it for me.

Noelle: About to head y'all way. Y'all going to glenwood chilis ? Or Dale ?
Me: Glenwood. See you there.
I got us settled in the car and headed towards the restaurant. Within 5 min Karson was knocked. I put on the music and was on our way.

Noelle POV..
I was headed to go eat lunch with my bestie and niece. I've had so much free time on my hands. Darrell was at work but we made time for each other.
I still find it crazy how much Jonah is Rell best friend I've never seen him as much as I use to be over there.
Finally pulling into the parking lot at chilis I see Kayla and Karson sitting in the car waiting for me. 
I pull in the park right beside her.
We both smiled.
I got out what's up pretty lady ? I said to her.
Hey mamas. Kayla said.
Awwww look at my niece, Karson was knocked in the backseat.
Come on Kay let's get inside. I said.
She grabbed her purse then grabbed Karson out her car seat.
We walked inside and instantly a waiter seated us.
Someone will be with you'll shortly.
Thank you me and Kayla both said.
So bitch fill me in! What going on with you and Jonah ? I asked.
Girl this Nigga pulled up on me last night unexpected talking bout come outside.
Omg you lying I said.
No ma'am I'm not. He was apologizing and all even asked me to the stay the night with him. I'm a little hesitant cause it's like boy you was just fucking on your dusty baby mama.
I busted out laughing. No but fr I spoke. I mean shit the way y'all date night went Kay give him another chance.
You think I should ? Kayla said.
I mean yeah why not ? Just have fun girl. You was lit up telling me about your time with him and you haven't been like that in a while. That's what I want for you Kay you deserve that! Plus Karson deserves to see a good man loving her mama the right way. I spoke.
You might be right girl she said.
Our waiter finally came and we ordered and went on with our time.