One

Her body was in pain, most of all was her knee. It was throbbing and felt like it was on fire. Before she even opened her eyes she could feel the water that submerged the bottom half of her body.

Wet, cold and in pain almost made her miss the deep growls coming from the woods that surrounded her.

Tucking her legs she sat up grabbing her head as dizzy memories formed a fast slideshow of images. She didn't know where she was, looking around didn't bring back anything either.

Looking forward was the rocky shore of a lake surrounded by a forest of lush green and buzzing with life. The grass looked soft and the bushes fluffy; the clouds like wispy cotton candy and the trees like strong walls separating and hiding the animals within.

She was wearing a black dress that flared at the waist with gold accents over a white underskirt. There was also a cropped white and gold sweater with flared sleeves ending around the elbow laying next to her. Kyasha slipped it over her head as she sorted through her thoughts.

She knows that staying in the same place you woke up in makes it easier for someone to find you. But it isnt likely that someone was looking for her.

Looking around she could see six or seven big gray wolves step out from behind the foliage. She had never seen wolves this big, they were almost as big as a horse.

Each was standing at about four and a half feet tall. But the one closest to her was by far the tallest, standing at what looks to be a little taller than five feet at the shoulders.

She should be running, she knows this, but they were so mesmerizing. When they took a step or just shifted their weight you could see the muscle under their sleek fur tense and relax.

When she came to from her dase it was already too late to run. They were within range to just lean forward and take her entire face off. And yet she wasn't scared.

Kyasha didn't know why but she wasn't. Instead she did the most cliche thing you could think of, she reached out to try to pet the wolf that had come forward.

For a second she really did think that it was going to take her hand off before devouring the rest of her, but it didn't. And in the moment as she was admiring the fur of a beast, she felt like the main character.

Then from the corner of her eyes she saw an orange blur. It was running just behind the line of trees. It had not seemed to notice anyone standing on the shore line as it made a beeline into the forest.

Curious, Kyasha couldn't put her finger on it but the blur looked familiar. Wanting to know why she let the wolves lead her to where a scream and two voices came from.

When they arrived they made sure to stay just far enough away to hear what they were saying but not to be seen.

There was a girl on the ground, her name seemed to be 'bai' something. She was adamant that it was when she yelled at the man in front of her. He then did the most fascinating thing.

And from her clothes she seemed to be from the same area that Kyasha just came from.

The man in front of Kyasha just shifted into a leopard. He forced the girl on his back and ran off in the direction he had just come from.

That's when it hit her. The man that just shifted was Parker and the girl was Bai QuaiQuai from the Beauty and the Beasts tale. The old man that raised her used to tell her the story every night.

Kyasha hated this story, and Bai was useless. She got so much love from everyone around her but all she did was bring misfortune and misery to those that loved her.

More than anything in the world Kyasha craved unconditional love. And Bai just shrugged it off. She promised herself that she would be nothing like that girl.

Making up her mind she turned to the wolf pack leader she was still petting.

"Do you mind taking me somewhere, it's getting dark and I don't have anything with me." how she expected the wolf to know what she was saying was not relevant as he nodded his head and crouched down so Kyasha could get o n his back.

"Thank you, please take me to a cave on the other side of the village those two people just went to."