Two

"Thank you" was all Kyasha could get out before the wolves ranaway in what seemed to be fear.

They had seemed to be on edge for a while, but as they got to the cave's entrance it was only her and the wolf she was on. All the others had stopped some time back.

She turned back towards the cave, stealing her nerves and stepping forward. The cave was dark, but it seemed to have some sort of iridescent fungus on the walls as they were glowing a beautiful shade of teal.

The walls had intricately woven vines cascading towards the ceiling and the most interesting purple and yellow flowers growing from them.

They smelled heavenly and they looked almost like purple and yellow frilly pansies. But plants dont grow in caves, or smell nearly as good.

Liking them so much she collected a good amount and wrapped them in her jacket. Just then a red cloth caught her attention.

Going towards it it seemed to be the same one from the story, Curtis shedded skin. She put the jacket down to grab the skin. It was even softer than the story gave it credit for.

Like the best quality mulberry silk spun from the silkworm. It was stretchy and seemed to have dyed with the clearest ruby's.

Kyasha was so enraptured with the shed that she didn't hear someone approaching from behind her.

"Do you know where you are, female?" rasped a deep voice as a tail wrapped around Kyashas waist.

He turned her around to face him and she got a face full of sparkles. She was stunned, and Kyasha tried to form a thought. Trying to start a conversation but nothing came out.

His smooth long red hair, clear pale face, deep red eyes. He was by far the most attractive person she has ever met.

Curtis had been sleeping in his cave, when he suddenly awoke to the most enticing smell. Slithering out of his coil and into the mane portion of the cave he came across a little female examining his shed.

She was beautiful. Silky hair, tiny waist, and interesting clothes. As he got closer he could see that she had collected some of the flowers from off the wall.

When he had gotten close enough he wrapped his tail around her waist, emphasizing how small it was.

"Do you know where you are, female?" He asked.

No male in their right mind would ever allow their female out of their sight, especially not near a feral den, even more so a female this beautiful.

He must have surprised her because she tensed and didn't say anything even as he turned her around to face him.

"Female?" he questioned once more.

"Ahh, sorry." she whispered, looking away.

Curtice was surprised, never has he ever met or heard about a female ever apologizing, let alone to a feral.

"Where are your mates, you shouldn't be out at night alone." he inquired. "Nevermind that you will be mine, come with me".

She didn't say anything as he brought her deeper into the cave. He hadn't noticed that she was still gripping onto the shed until they had made it to the back of the cave and put her on a pile of skins.

There seemed to be pelts from every animal, foxes, tigers, deer, elk, even wolves. Which would explain why the wolf pack was so hesitant and afraid to even get close to the cave.

Everything was so soft and comfortable Kyasha could have fallen asleep right then and there if she hadn't been reminded that she technically had just been kidnapped.

"Are you hungry?" the handsome man, who if she remembers correctly was named Curtis, asked.

Kyasha shook her head trying not to show how much she was freaking out. She knew how bad ferals are treated in this world.

"What's your name?" she finally made out, asking who she already knew to be Curtis.

"They call me Curtis, little female," he said as he laid down next to Kyasha, wrapping his tail around her as well. "Why are you not screaming and acting scared?"
"If you were going to hurt me you would have done it by now." she retorted. "And my name is Kyasha"

"We are going to have to go to the ocean tomorrow so get some rest" Curtis told her.

"We can't do that" she told him, turning to lay on her side to fully face curtis.

Kyasha could see Curtis getting mad as he rose up on his tail ready to start arguing or just to take her right now.

To prevent this Kyasha jumped to her knees and held his face in her hands. Seeing that he had calmed down she started, "it's not because I don't want to be with you." she waited for that to sink in before continuing.

"I do it just so that I won't be able to survive in the ocean, I am from the panda clan and I need to be on land." she could see him taking in the information and coming to an understanding.

"But also what will happen when you go into hibernation. I can't defend myself from all of the other beast men out here. I also won't be able to find enough food and will most likely end up dying before you wake up in spring."

Having never thought that he would ever have a female curtis had never thought about it like that. He was having a hard time fighting with his instincts knowing that he can't have this nice, pretty female all to himself.

"Fine, we can stay on land." Curtis came to the decision to ignore his instinct for the time being.

"Dont worry im not going to be like all of the other females you have met. I'm not going to take whoever I want as a spouse either." curious as to what she meant Curtis tilted his head.

Kyasha thought that just made him even cuter. "I promise that I will always ask you how you feel before taking another spouse, I don't want to have fights in the house, or have you feeling like I don't love you anymore."

"You . . . love me." Curtis had never been more surprised and in aww in his life. Never in all of his heritage has a female ever admitted to loving a snake feral like himself.

"Of course I am silly, I would not have allowed you to take me here if I didn't. I don't allow random males to take me with them all the time." Kyasha smiled sweetly and tilted her head.

She wasn't lying to him. She always thought that Curtis, while being a bit impulsive, was a good guy. He was attentive and never crossed any big boundary that Bai had put in place.

Then when she saw him it really was like all the fairy tail love at first sight moments that the old man had told her so much about.

So in her opinion what was the problem with her spouse being a feral, as long as he treated her right and did not fight with people she liked it's ok.

With her confirmation Curtis dove into her arms and snuggled into her chest. He could smell her soft floral smell and felt that he could live the rest of his life off of it alone.