Eight

The morning sun was drifting in through the open window, shining in the eyes of a female squished between two big beasts.

Waking up sucks, Kyasha thinks that anyone who can wake up early shouldn't be trusted. Rolling off the bed with the urge to use the bathroom she remembered where she was.

There were no toilets in this world. An outhouse would have to be the first thing they do. She is not going to spend the rest of her life going to the bathroom in the back 20.

Turning over she laid her body on top of Curtis, "Curtis-, I need to pee. Can you come with me-"

Curtis rolled over, reacting to his mate. Picking her up out of habit more than anything he brought her outside.

Morning air was cold even in the dead of summer, Kyasha would have liked this if she didn't have to strip to use the bathroom every morning.

She really would have to make the outhouse her first priority.

After she finished her business they both rushed to the house trying to preserve some of the warmth from that morning.

Winston was already up and making breakfast, both boys usually ate leftover meat from the night before, not liking fruit as much as their mate.

But every morning Kyasha got an assortment of fresh fruit. It was lighter on the stomach and didn't cause as much bloating.

"After breakfast do you think you could help me with something?" Kyasha asked her mates.

Looking up from their food for a second, they didn't hesitate to answer, "of course, what do you need."

"Well I wanted to make somewhere for us to use to go to the bathroom in private." she told them.

Expecting there to be an air of question that followed her request she continued, "it's called an out house, it's a building that covers a deep hole that we relieve ourselves in."

Kyasha could still see the question on their face so tried to explain why she wanted it, "it's really nice when its cold out, and it provides a little more privacy so-"

Hearing her explanation led to her having more privacy the men decided it was only for the best that she had what she wanted.

"don't worry, we'll fix it up for you." Winston smiled as he looked at her.

"Thank you and I know it won't be much help so could I gather some river grass to make some mats?" Kyasha didn't like that she couldn't be helping her husbands with this.

Especially because she was the one who wanted it. So instead of just sitting around she thought it best to wave mats to dry her spices on.

After they were dried she could turn them into a powder and store them for longer times. Though it would take somewhere between two days and two weeks depending on what she was drying.

So what better time to start than when she has nothing better to do.

"As long as you don't mind us coming with you, we will need to collect the wood for the shelter as well." Curtis compromised.

"Ok!" Kyasha was excited, she was going to start getting some of her favorite luxury's back.

It was finally time to leave, Winston grabbed some strong strips of fur. He was going to use them to hold onto the logs they were bringing back.

Curtis then grabbed a sharpened stone that Winstion could use as an axe. They only needed one seeing that Curtis could use his sharpened nails.

They made their way towards the steam just past their house. The men stay just past the treeline, within distance to see and smell Kyasha, and to get to her in times of distress.