Chapter 21

Kiyoko POV:

"Hello sweet daughter of mine, it's been a while,"

I quickly hung up and practically threw my phone across the room. No way am I talking to that man. I still have a sneaking suspicion about him. The fact we left practically right after Satoru's accident. I promised myself I wouldn't have any contact with that man after I moved out. And I'm damn well keeping that promise.

I was still a little shaken, so I decided to make a call.

*Timeskip brought to you by Gaku Yashiro and his creepiness*

Knock knock

"Thanks for coming over, Kenya. I got seriously psyched out from my dad's call." 

I closed the door after Kenya entered my apartment with a small bag that probably had a change of clothes and other things. He had agreed to spend the night after hearing how nervous I was. 

"It's no problem, though I'm still not sure why your dad freaks you out so much? Did something happen after you guys moved?" asked Kenya while sitting on my sofa. 

"It was more like, the reason why we moved," I stated.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand."

"Kenya...... I think my dad had something to do with Satoru's accident."

It was silent for a little bit. 

"*sigh* Now that I think about it, it somewhat makes sense. How suddenly you guys disappered when Satoru had his accident. You're going to need proof," Kenya said while motioning for me to sit by him. I sat next to him and practically buried myself into his side. He held me close in return.

"I know, If only Satoru could remember that night," I said. 

"Actually, I think he does, he just hasn't told us," I looked up at Kenya in shock.

"What makes you say that?! And why hasn't he said anything?!" I exclaimed.

"Just a hunch. And I'm not sure, maybe he doesn't want to relive it. We can ask him tomorrow when we visit. For now, get some rest."

*Timeskip to the next day*

Hiromi, Kenya, and I were once again visiting Satoru at the hospital. We were talking about our old friends and classmates. The topic os Misato came up and that Satoru saw the killer. He froze up.

"Knew it. You do remember everything," Kenya said. I should really learn to trust Kenya's hunches. 

"Satoru, why didn't you tell us? I could have this guy locked up for what he did to you," I said.

"I didn't want to get you guys involved, it's been 15 years. Whatever evidence there was is gone by now. Besides, no one would believe me," Kenya and I looked at each other in understanding. All of this was stressful on Satoru. Kenya decided to take the lead on the speech.

(A/N: Skipping over the speech cuz I'm feeling lazy and want to finish this book so I can move onto another project :p)

"The killer is.... Yashiro."

"I thought so. When you're accident happened, it was so sudden when we moved. Now we make a plan to catch the bastard," I said in determination.

"Are you really ok with this? He is your father-" I cut Satoru off.

"That monster is no father of mine. I cut ties with him long ago. I have no issue with putting him behind bars," I said darkly. The guys looked at each other before nodding. With that. We set our plan into action.

*YET ANOTHER TIME SKIP*

"Bastard," I said after hearing the click of the call ending.

"It'll be fine, the emergency team is outside incase something happens. He may think he's two steps ahead of us but it's the other way around," Kenya soothed me while rubbing my shoulder. We went outside to see how this plays out. 

'Please be safe Satoru' I thought to myself.

After a while of us standing outside with the inflatable cushion and hearing muffled yelling, we saw Satoru tetter over the edge of the building with Yashiro holding onto the wheelchair to keep him from falling. Then, Satoru plumeted from the top of the building and onto the air sack. Yashiro was about to jump until he saw all of us at the bottom, glareing at him. The sicko actaully started laughing. Man am I glad I wasn't his biological daughter. I do not want those genes. 

Now we all watched as he was escorted into a poliece vehical. I left Satoru, Kenya, and Hiromi to talk to my boss who congragulated me on getting the case solved. I told him it wouldn't have happened without the help of my friends.

(A/N: THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!!!!)

I turned to the car the man who raised me was being driven away in. He looked back at me so I decided to flip him the bird before walking away to join the others. 

It was finally over