Chapter 4

Kiyoko POV

The next day, the boys were going to race around the ice track. It was Satoru vs Hamada next. All the other girls are rooting for him, and being flirty, it's disgusting. I can already tell that they're at the boy crazy age. I mean, I technically am as well but I'm not actually doing it. Plus, Hamada is kinda rude. The girls turned towards Kayo and I.

"Well Kayo, you gonna cheer your boyfriend on?" asked Misato before she and her little posse laughed. Most of the kids in our class are pretty rude. The only exceptions are Satoru, Hiromi, Osamu, Kazu, and Kenya, but they mostly kept to themselves. Though, Kayo told me that Satoru seemed to be trying to gain her friendship. I wouldn't mind Satoru being her friend, she needs more than just me. 

Anyway, Kayo glanced over at Satoru.

"Satoru, you got this?" asked Kayo. He looked over at her.

"Uh huh, I think so" he replied.

"Good, you better not suck" really, that's all you got?

...... I ship it.

Satoru and Hamada got to the starting line for the race. Then my dad blew the whistle and they were off. Of course, everyone was cheering for Hamada. With the exception of his friends. Surprisingly, Satoru was winning. Kayo looked pretty impressed. But, at the very end, he gave it to Hamada. He should have taken it! Especially since he just got mad at him.

(I'm just gonna make up a scene here for a race for Kenya, cuz I'm pretty sure it was just part of a PE class and not practice for hockey)

Next up was Kenya against Osamu. No one but their friends, Kayo, and I payed attention. Since I never really met Osamu, I was rooting for Kenya in my head, even if I talked to him once. Kayo nudged me and whispered.

"Do you like Kenya?"

"What- no! I talked to him like once! What about you, do you like Satoru?" I whispered back. She blushed lightly.

"I don't know" she replied. I was about to respond but then the next race started. Kenya won and shook hands with his friend. (A/N: I almost wrote 'shook friends with his hand' XD)

Osamu kinda nudged him and looked in my direction. I left with Kayo before I saw what Kenya did.

*Time skip to after school*

Dad wanted me to wait for him so I could ride with him rather than walking by myself in the cold. Kayo and I exchanged good-byes before she left, with Satoru chasing after her. I just continued to read my book, until a certain dirty-blonde male approached. 

"You aren't heading home?" he asked.

"No, my dad didn't want me walking home in the cold by myself" I replied.

"Well, do you wanna walk home together than? If your dad's ok with that of course" he replied while rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'll ask but I don't if he'll agree though" I replied while closing my book and standing up out of my seat to go over to my dad.

"Hey, dad, is it ok if I walk home with a friend instead?" I asked.

"Oh, is Kayo walking with you, I thought she left" he said while looking up from grading papers.

"She did, Kenya asked if I wanted to walk home together" I replied. He looked over my shoulder to look at Kenya.

"Very well, but if you're not home by the time I get back, he won't be able to walk for a while" he said with a teasing smile.

"Yeah, yeah, nothing's gonna happen, we're 11" I said while waving him off.

"Boys are boys, I'll see you at home. Do you want me to get take-out?" he asked.

"Sure. I'll have yakisoba. See ya at home" I said while walking off.

"What'd he say?" asked Kenya.

"He said yes, now lets get a move on, he wants me home before he gets home, otherwise you might loose your legs" I said while putting my book in my bag and slinging it over my shoulder.

"He's overprotective I see" he replied shakily while walking beside me.

"You have no idea. I was homeschooled before this"

"Huh, really?" 

"Yeah"

We talked about random topics, school, books, etc. He dropped me off at my house before walking to his own, that took about and hour. I did some homework that I needed to finish up before dad announced his arrival. Then dinner, then bed. Same routine. Little did I know, it would change soon.

A/N: Phew, sorry I haven't updated in a while, once again, school. Anyway, hope you liked that chapter! Happy late Thanksgiving! Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna go eat dinner and watch either Danny Phantom, Victorious, or Kim Possible. See ya!