HIS TWIN

The sun set beautifully, painting the bright sky in darkness, with not a single star or moon visible. That’s how Odette’s and Marco’s marriage is, and so are his vows.

In contrast to the climate, the church is decorated with beautiful lighting, as if it’s a Disney fairytale wedding. It would be if the kiss felt real.

Odette is dancing with Marco, which is a mandatory tradition of mafia families, with the first dance being that of the newlywed couple.

“I missed you,” Odette whispers to Marco so only he could hear her.

Twirling her with one hand while the other folded behind, he brought her back close to his chest.

“Can I know why?” he whispers huskily in her ear, sending shivers to her soul.

Goosebumps arise on Odette's skin, which is usual whenever he whispers something in her ear, and he wouldn’t admit it, but he likes it.

“You were my fiancé, why wouldn’t I miss you?” she asks, turning around and placing her little palms on his broad shoulder blades, pouting her plump nude pink lips at him, making his heart skip a beat.

“How about I make it up for the lost time? Huh?” Marco suggests, bringing a forced smile to his lips.

“Really?! Then yes,” Odette beams at him, smiling brightly.

Swaying her from one foot to another, he admires how tiny his wife feels in his arms. Her curves are to die for. Her natural scent is like jasmine, which any man would appreciate.

“So… We are going to Italy tonight?” Odette asks hesitantly.

She knows Mrs. Grayson is coming and doesn’t want to leave without meeting her. Well, she also doesn’t know if Marco would be okay with letting her meet her old nanny.

“It’s already late, baby. We will stay at our honeymoon suite, then leave tomorrow morning after breakfast,” Marco says, giving her a small smile to assure her as she looks worried.

“Oh, okay,” Odette says, disappointed, then forces a smile, enjoying her first dance with her husband.

Looking into his blue eyes, she couldn’t help but remember those similar eyes which started terrifying her.

“Marco…” Odette starts, thinking if she should tell him about that man, but bites her lip, thinking it’s not the right time to ask.

“Yes, baby?” Marco asks, nudging her to speak whatever she wanted to.

“T…Tha…that ma…” she was cut off by Bianca.

“Marco, Odette… Come on, my friends are here and I want to show you off,” Bianca states, dragging them from the dance floor towards her group of friends.

Marco speaks to them for a few minutes before taking his leave, leaving Odette alone with Bianca and her cunning friends.

“Odette…” a woman snickers.

“Isn’t it a weird name for the princess of the French mafia and now queen of the Italian mafia?” one of Bianca’s friends comments, making Odette clench her jaw in anger.

Her mother was the one who named both sisters with love. Odette doesn’t like anyone commenting on her name, especially her name.

“Either way… my name suits me. I am a princess, just as Odette from ‘Swan Princess’ is. Odette's name actually originated from French and German languages, which means wealthy,” Odette says, shrugging her shoulders.

“I think I don’t need to drop my bank receipts to show how wealthy I am,” Odette says, smirking at the woman.

“You…” the woman was cut off when Mario interrupted them, smiling.