BAD DREAM

ODETTE’S POV

I couldn’t figure out who was speaking but their words were muffled as if I was under water. My whole body felt numb as I tried to move them but I couldn’t. What happened to me?

Breathing softly I sighed as I opened my eyes and snapped them shut with the amount of light booming in my room.

Who the fuck brought a fucking sun in my room?!

“mama, please shut the blinds, I want to sleep more”, I groaned and my throat burned as I spoke.

“Mama…”, I groaned again but I didn’t get a answer.

“Ivette… please, will you shut the blinds”, I pleaded as I stretched my right arm to reach my twin sister who always sleep beside me.

Our parents offered us different rooms when we turned five old but we were so close that we didn’t want to stay away from each other, we were literally each other’s shadows. So our parents got us two single beds in our room. My side was painted pink with all unicorns and rainbows with fluffy white throw blankets with pink tassels.

My side of the room was a complete pretty princess type but not ivette's. Her style was rock star. She had a guitar hung behind her grey bed and black painted wall. Which our mother gave her saying that it was her childhood best friend’s.

We still didn’t meet her, she said her name was alesia. She said we can meet her soon, next year if possible. She also said she lives in Italy and will take us all to meet her and her family, am so excited to go there, out of our home for the first time with Ivette and Aurora.

“Odette, Ivette, my beautiful princesses, please listen to mama and don’t come out of this room, hide under the bed and don’t come out until your daddy comes here”, I suddenly see my mom's face. She was injured on her forehead and she was bleeding.

I remember how this happened, I remember it very well.

“Bye Mrs Grayson”, Ivette and I sang as soon as our mama started driving us to her friend's home.

Aurora was with daddy. She said she wants to buy souvenirs from the trip as we were leaving tomorrow from Italy to our home.

“Are you excited to meet aunt alesia's twins?”, our mama asked looking at us from rear mirror.

I glanced at Ivette grinning and we both clapped our hands.

“yes we are, mama, I also made two friends in the park, you know, they are also twins”, I exclaimed excitedly happy to share that I made friends for the first time in my life.

A car dashed into the trunk of our car and we jerked screaming.

“Mama”,  both Ivette and I cried hugging each other tightly.

“oh my god”, mama said as she straitened herself and then we sae blood streaming down from her forehead.

“please, promise me, you both will not come out of this place until daddy calls you out”, our mama pleaded giving each of us few kisses on her face as tears streamed down from our eyes.

We were afraid, so afraid.

“you know right what happens when you break promise?”, our mother asked and we both nodded sobbing silently.

“yes, we will lose our pinkie finger”, I mumbled wiping my tears away though they kept falling stubbornly.

“yes, princess and now be good girls and wait for daddy”, mama said and she went out of the room turning lights off giving us one last smile and it terrified us to our bones.