Chapter 1: Incident

Shiravale is not a land that is too affluent, but there are gentle and sincere people here. They live together peacefully and happily. In the spring, they harvest vegetables and fruits from the fields. In the summer, they hold swimming competitions. In the autumn, they begin to prepare and stock up for the winter. When it snows, they often gather to sing and dance around the fire.

Patrick and Anna were not famous, but no one did not know them, which was not unusual in a place where everyone knows each other. They were not a wealthy family or talented boy and girl. Their house was a small hut, like the people in the village. They became special when a set of twins was born in the first sunlight of spring.

Their twins were lovely. The older sister, Taylor, was a little girl with the sun on her head and the eyes of the sky. In the light, her skin glowed, and her red lips always had a mischievous smile. People in the village usually call her princess. Little brother Tyler was not very popular among young people. Still, his quiet personality made adults often call him a good boy. Tyler didn't have wavy hair for it was smooth and jet-black. His eyes were amethyst, and there was an old soul in them. The sibling was the complete opposite, but it was not difficult to see that they always consider each other the most important.

...

- Tyler, where are you?

Tyler moves his eyes from the book's page and toward the call. He waves his hand towards his sister. Under the sun, Taylor's radiant face is filled with light.

- Are you reading a book under the tree again?

She sit down next to her brother and looked at the book. The sibling has both similar and different interests. Although they love stories, Tyler likes to read, and Taylor likes to listen.

- What is the book about?

- The book features the character of a stepmother and stepchild of her husband...

Before Tyler can finish speaking, Taylor interrupt.

- In the end, the stepmother is punished for her crimes, right? And the stepchild lives happily ever after.

-  ...Yes.

- Good characters always deserve to be happy.

-  But ...

Looking at Tyler's hesitant expression, Taylor is a little curious. She encourages her shy younger brother to speak up.

- The stepmother is a bit pitiful.

Tyler has just finished saying a sentence when he closes his mouth in front of his sister's gaze. Taylor continue to stare at her brother, and Tyler's head bow lower and lower. The two stop when they hear their mother's call. Today is the siblings' birthday, so the twins have to go home early to prepare.

Tyler is standing in front of the huge pot and stirring the soup while his mother - Anna who stand beside him is decorating the cake. He cannot help but notice his mother seems to have some sort of worry. Her eyes are a little lost and sometimes there are even soft sighs coming out from her mouth. Thinking for a long time, he gently closes the pot, puts the spoon down, and walks closer to his mother.

- Mom, what's wrong?

Anna looks at her son in surprise. Facing those  deep purple eyes, her heart only grow heavier. She forces a smile to tell her son that she is completely fine, but in front of his wary eyes, she can only sigh.

- If ...

- If? - Tyler tilts his head to look at his mother.

- What would you do if one day, you know your parents are hiding something important from you?