Chapter 4: Boredom

- His Highness already knows how to read.

- His Highness will grow up to be very handsome.

- His Highness's swordsmanship is excellent.

- His Highness's magic is fantastic.

- His Highness...

- ... of His Highness...

"So boring."

Signice cannot help but sigh inwardly as he looks at the page before him. He cannot remember the last time he felt happy.

Signice Roy Berterra is a very talented kid with a colourful but uninteresting life. Signice is born a winner.

He is the eldest son of Emperor Barigos and Empress Anmorri, crown prince and future Emperor of the Aelius Empire. Although no one speaks up, everyone knows he is also the most favored son of the Emperor. Since birth, his father has never refused any request from Crown Prince Signice. There were worries and fears that Barigos might become a tyrant or a war maniac for his son. Still, fortunately, His Highness Signice is very understanding and has never been overly demanding.

Empress Anmorri is also highly biased towards Signice. The woman equal to the king is not angry at Barigos for giving more attention to Signice. She also educates other princes and princesses about loyalty to their father and brother. As a result, the crown prince's younger brothers and sisters sincerely worshipped their powerful elder brother.

Signice's life was a measure of perfection. Having loving parents, harmonious sibling relationships, talent, power, and position.

The truth was that Signice's life had two errors, one is from his background, and the other is from himself.

His mother is not Empress Anmorri. Or, more precisely, his mother is indeed Queen Anmorri but not the person who is currently sitting next to Emperor Barigos, the present mother of the Empire.

Emperor Barigos Lan Berterra is a child of the previous Emperor and a daughter from a Baron household. According to history, the last Emperor was a tyrant who indulged in beauty. Once, he was traveling in disguise when he met a beautiful lady. He forced himself onto the lady and disappeared. The lady had to accept the ridicule of the world and the loneliness until her death. Barigos, then named Brandy, lived under the harsh treatment of his relatives until the late Emperor found him. Then there was a protracted battle for the throne with every clever and cunning trick.

At that time, Prince Barigos was an excellent leader and very popular with the people. Ultimately, he won and married the love of his life, Anmorri Braef Enbinn, daughter of the duke of Enbinn, the defender of the Empire's West border. Their relationship became the dream of many people. Their stories were told and praised throughout the country and neighboring countries. However, no one knows that love had to part just over a year after Signice was born and about two years after Barigos ascended the throne.

Outside of the tranquility of the Empire, the rebels were still secretly plotting. They attacked the western territory, the domain of the duke Enbinn family. When the supported troops arrived, Queen Anmorri was hit by a poisoned arrow and died.

At that time, the political situation was unstable, and the queen's death was not good news. Fortunately, they came up with a solution. The Enbinn family lived a relatively closed life, so no one knew that the duke had twin daughters. That day, the death of the rebellion was announced as Anrette Sal Enbinn, sister of Queen Anmorri.

Signice always knows the woman returned with his father was not his mother. Queen Anmorri was the number one swordswoman in the Empire, and she wouldn't have died if it weren't for being shot by a spy during the chaos. His mother's hands had calluses from wielding a sword, and the current Queen Anmorri has the soft hands of a pampered lady.