Chapter 6: Special

"I wish I was special."

Lydia thinks to herself.

House Enbinn is located in the west. Despite bearing the title of one of the four dukes, the Enbinn family's power and influence are much smaller than those of the other three families. The Enbinn family lives secretively because they do not dare admit they are 'poor.' The western land is less blessed than the other lands. The Enbinn mansion is located on a hill where the trees and the climate are relatively favorable, but the rest of Waillulu was largely desert.

The people living in the desert would often migrate to the mountains and ask for the duke's help or to the oases where the duke's distant relatives and other nobles rule. Still, the journey is often long and harsh. The population of the western land is also sparser than the population of other regions. Because of the poverty, residents have few opportunities to attend school. Most students are just the children of nobles. The Enbinn family and their vassals often send their children to the capital because there are no schools in the Waillulu region.

Life in this land improved when Lady Anmorri Braef Enbinn married Emperor Barigos. When the nation was founded, the Enbinn family was known as the birthplace of knights, and among them, there were once the strong sworders with dragon-like combat. However, as time passed, the reputation was gradually forgotten. Everyone in the empire, not just nobles or people with fighting spirit, can learn swordsmanship as long as they are well off. Of course, men will know swordsmanship more than women, but the number of sword wielders is generally not small. This results in the Enbinn family's forte no longer standing out, especially when the fifth head passes away. The family no longer has anyone who has a dragon-like aura.

Fortunately, Lady Anmorri is extremely strong, although her fighting aura is only a phoenix. She has won back the glory for her family and this land. Anmorri helped the third prince, Barigos, to win the throne and even became the empress. The land of Waillulu began to flourish with the investment of the emperor, but all efforts turned to nothing when the rebels chose this place to attack. Secondly, Lady Anrette Sal Enbinn died, and the queen was mortally wounded. According to the doctor, Anmorri's technique decreased due to an injury, and she also lost the ability to form a combat aura.

After that battle, the Waillulu region suffered heavy losses in lives and property. In recent years, the economy of this land has not developed much. The most profitable business is the rental and training of sworders.

Duke Agil Brand Enbinn, after losing the second lady, immediately closed his door for a year. Although the exchange of swordmen was still going on, the family mansion did not have any excitement—it was silent and cold. At the first meeting with the vassals, Lord Agil announced that he would choose an heir from one of the descendants of the lineage. This created fierce competition between the sideline families, and the vassals also began to calculate who to support.

Lydia Endel is the eldest daughter of the marquis family. She is like the vast majority of the noble children of this land, having learned swordsmanship since she began to walk and speak. Lydia always tries her best even though she knows it was pointless. Because she is not 'special.' As a child, Lydia knew her parents were people with clear ambitions. The Marquis of Endel's family is the closest relative to the Enbinn family. They see Duke Enbinn's selection of an heir as an opportunity for House Endel to become one of the four duke families.

They had high expectations for Lydia because her swordsmanship was considered outstanding. She had the care and love of her parents. She used to feel guilty towards her sister because she thought she would feel lonely. But that all changed one summer. The younger sister, who was a year younger, awakened her combat aura.

Although Olivia Endel had a fighting aura that had not yet transformed, it only took time to practice for it to form shape. Olivia went from being an average child to becoming a genius. Among the relatives, Olivia was the youngest to awaken the fighting spirit, and the younger you were, the more potential for growth. At that time, Lydia also saw the true face of her parents.