Chapter 8 New friend

Tiny footsteps on the corridor filled with sunlight can be heard. An excited boy with fluttering red hair runs despite a servant's voice admonishing behind him.

- Master Zabel! You may fall! Do not run!

Zabel – the youngest child in this family, completely ignores the servant's advice, and he runs through the corridor and hurries downstairs.

- Dad!

Zabel happily hugs the duke. Duke Jovan returns the hug of his young son. He lifts the boy and twirls him a few times. Zabel's laughter echoes throughout the hall.

- Welcome home, you two.

Lady Bella warmly welcomes her husband and eldest son back from a business trip.

- Hi, mom, and you too, Zabel. However, it seems you don't care if I come back.

- Of course not. Welcome home, Belland.

The boy panics at his elder brother's sad words and expression, so he keeps trying to make excuses. Meanwhile, while looking at this familiar scene, Ivan and Bella find it funny. Their little son is so cute that everyone in the family loves him, including his brother and sister. But while Javisa loves to pamper and give Zabel sweets, Belland loves to tease this innocent little brother. Although the number of times he is tricked and teased is not low, Zabel always believes his brother's words. Bella stops laughing for a moment and whispers into her husband's ear.

- He's still young now, so it's okay, but Zabel may continue to be tricked by others when he grows up.

At the lady's anxiety, Ivan's smile is also a little stiff because now that she mentions it, he is slightly worried.

- Stop teasing Zabel. You are shaking because you can't hold back your laughter.

Zabel startles. Just now, he saw his brother shaking and thought he was crying. The boy immediately puffs up his jaw, widening his big eyes like a ruffled rabbit.

- You tricked me again! I don't want to play with you anymore.

The boy turns to run away, but he does not take a few steps before he is immediately caught. Belland smiles, picking up his brother, and hugs him tightly.

- I am wrong. Can you forgive me?

- No! How many times have you said it?

- Really? So I had to use a trick.

Belland moves his hand in the direction of Zabel's tickling place. The boy immediately bursts out laughing.

- Tickle! Stop!

- If you don't forgive me, I won't stop.

- Okay, I'll forgive you.

- Remember what you said. There are witnesses here.

As soon as he dropped him, the boy immediately runs toward his parents. He hugs his mother's leg, looking extremely pitiful.

- Mom, brother Belland bullied me.

Bella feels extremely funny. Who said her little son was very naive? He now knows how to use his advantage. Especially his expression while looking up at her.

'His glittering eyes are clearly threatening. If I don't do anything, he'll cry in front of me.'

- That is enough. Do not be sad, and mom will punish Belland. Belland, you can't do that to Zabel anymore.

- Okay.

Both Ivan and Bella know. 'Okay' meant that he will not do this trick anymore, then he will come up with another one. The couple really cannot understand their eldest son. As a child, Belland ws both profound and mature to the point that the two of them felt sad and bored, and of course, after Javisa was born, Belland's behavior became more and more like an older adult. He only focused on his studies and never spent time with his sister.