Chapter 10 New friend 3

Lydia is in a bad mood every morning when she wakes up. Ever since she was told about the plans her parents set for her, Lydia's life has taken a completely different direction.

- Miss, the tutor is waiting.

- I'll be right there.

In the past, most of Lydia's curriculum centred on sword training, horseback riding, property management, and other things that the heirs of nobles in this Western land must know. All those things have been replaced by learning etiquette and domestic skills. Lydia still gets to learn management, but it is only within the scope of housekeeper management, which is necessary for Lydia to know when she gets married.

Lydia dazzles in a long dress and high heels, pacing around the room. Today, she must learn to walk like a 'real' lady. This knowledge is, of course, not much needed here. Western aristocrats do not emphasise etiquette much because everyone is a soldier, so even women often emphasise comfort and flexibility.

However, this also reflects Marquis Endel's ambition. He is always jealous of Duke Enbinn just because his daughter marries the emperor. At first, he plans to train Olivia to become the crown prince's fiancée, but the plan ultimately fails because the emperor has caught sight of Lady Javisa of Duke Silvannus. That famous lady in the upper class is nicknamed the pure white lily. Prince Signice also treats his fiancée very well. Marquis Endel has give up, but he still targets other nobles. Although the plan for Olivia has changed, he still wants to use Lydia instead for his plan.

- You're not as good as Olivia, but you're still pretty and the mistress of the marquis's residence. I don't believe you won't find a good husband, Lydia.

Lydia is more than capable of understanding that his 'good' was about her ability to benefit the family. Thus, Lydia learns everything the noble ladies in the capital and other regions need to know.

- I told you. Every plan needs to have a backup plan.

"What exactly do you want to say?"

Lydia cannot help it, so she lowers her head and clenches her fists in anger.

- If you can't get anyone from the royal family, there are also the nobles of the other three regions. Do you understand?

Lydia's mind goes blank at her father's words.

"In your eyes, am I something you can sell to anyone as long as they can be of little benefit to Endel?"

She knows that most of the nobles of the other region live better than the people of this region, but that does not mean she is willing to marry anyone as long as she can live in a better condition than here.

"And what guarantees I will have a better life?"

- I plan to let you try with the two princes. Even if they are not crown princes, they are also royalty. Or else duke Silvannus has two sons, but the youngest was too young for you. Duke Alyani has three children, so you have three chances. Duke Verhan has only one son, so it seems that if you marry him, it is evident that you will be a duchess.

Listening to these words, Lydia is rendered speechless by her own father's shamelessness.

"In the end, it's all just to satisfy my father's vanity."

...

- Lady Lydia, you did wrong!

Hearing the reminder, Lydia regains her senses. Seeing the tutor's impatience, she sighs, not very interests in these things, and at the same time feeling displeased, so Lydia often does not pay much attention to the lesson. The tutor does not make people like it, either. She is a baroness and a widow as well. Her husband is a baron, but he is not wealthy. He is in debt. His business failed, and he died in an accident. After paying off the debt, she is left with only the title of nobility and one son. If it were not for the Endel family, she and her son would have gone to the streets to live. Lydia heard this story from her close servants.