09.

- time skip -

sweat beaded down his neck and his throat was dry as sunoo sat up on the bed and rubbed his eyes before reading the clock beside his bed.

3:07 am.

he didn't know why he was awake. he didn't know what had woken him up but all he knew was that he felt extremely weird. he remembered being cold. extremely cold and then nothing after until now.

he noticed yeonjun sleeping on the small couch beside his bed and he sighed softly. why was he in the hospital?

"yeonjun.." sunoo whispered.

the sleeping male on the couch shifted a bit before he turned to face his brother and he sat up.

"sunoo its three in the morning," yeonjun groaned.

"why am I in the hospital? where's sunghoon? what happened to me?!" sunoo asks in a harsh whisper.

the questions slowly started to register with yeonjun and he shot off the couch, quickly engulfing sunoo in a tight hug. he was back. his brother was finally the same again. his brother remembered who he was.

"i can't breathe!" sunoo exclaimed.

"y-you actually remember me?! whats my imaginary friends name?" yeonjun asks.

"his name was po and you used to yell at me for calling him stupid," sunoo answered.

"OH MY GOD!!" yeonjun basically screamed, hugging sunoo again while kicking his feet. he couldn't believe it. how was this possible? how had he not remembered anything for almost two weeks even after all the things yeonjun and sunghoon had tried yet he randomly woke up one night and remembered it all?

"I have to tell sunghoon," yeonjun gasps, realizing that sunghoon was still at home under the impression that his boyfriend didn't remember him.

"what happened to me?" sunoo asks.

"its a long story sunoo, sunghoon will explain everything okay? just wait here. i'll be back!" yeonjun says before rushing out of the hospital room like his life depended on it.

-

sunghoon awoke to the sound of someone pounding on his front door and he sleepily crept down the stairs to open it while rubbing his eyes.

"hello?" sunghoon yawns as he opened the door.

"sunghoon grab your shoes and come with me, now!" yeonjun practically yelled.

"keep your voice down my parents are sleeping!" sunghoon responds in an angry yet sleepy tone as he slipped on his vans.

"who cares, lets go!" yeonjun says while grabbing sunghoons and dragging him out of his home.

sunghoon followed yeonjun despite being half asleep and confused. he knew being woken up in the middle of the night meant something really good or really bad had occurred and he hoped it was good.

yeonjun wasn't saying anything. he wanted it to be a surprise and he knew if he opened his mouth he'd ruin it. this was something he knew sunghoon had been hoping for. and hopefully this helped the male get over his constant habit of blaming himself.

"yeonjun...what happened?" sunghoon asks.

no answer.

"yeonjun i swear what the hell is going on?" sunghoon asks again.

"just- be patient okay?" yeonjun responds as he pulled into a parking spot.

sunghoon rolled his eyes but got out of the car anyways and followed yeonjun inside, still anxious about why he was being dragged down the hallway.

"i know where it is, you can let go of my hand you creep" sunghoon joked as they reached sunoo's room.

"go in. i'll wait here," yeonjun says in a soft voice.

sunghoon silently walked into the room and closed the door. he looked at sunoo, their gazes connecting like the first time they met all over again. sunoo's eyes sparkled in the dim lighting and sunghoon knew something had changed.

"hi.." sunoo says softly.

"hi.." sunghoon replied just as softly.

sunoo stood up from the bed and disconnected his IV before he slowly walked over to sunghoon. the older was quick to grab sunoo's waist to make sure he didn't fall and sunoo grabbed his shoulders.

"I remember you," sunoo said in a soft voice.

"you do?" sunghoon asks, eyes widening.

sunoo nodded his head.

"prove it.." sunghoon says, unsure whether he believed sunoo or not.

"I remember that you're my boyfriend. I remember that you like to ice skate and you like the cold even though it makes your finger tips tingle.

I remember that you always pick the garlic out of my food because I hate the taste and even though I've seen it a million times you never decline watching frozen with me because its my favorite movie.

I remember that we kissed for the first time playing spin the bottle and that you always have to put extra butter on your popcorn because it makes it taste better.

I remember the first time you snuck into my room through my window because yeonjun was after you for kissing his little brother and you didn't want him to catch you.

I remember that I love you. and that you love me. you love me in the most romantic and true way. you love me through all the good and the bad times. you love me even though I haven't been the greatest boyfriend. you love me like a prince loves his princess..."

sunoo finished speaking and by the time he was done sunghoon had tears in his eyes. because sunoo was finally the same again. he was finally back. he finally remembered him.

"and you loved me even though I couldn't remember you.." sunoo added as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"sunoo I'd love you even if we were a thousand miles apart. I will love you until I can't anymore.." sunghoon replied before he sniffled.

sunoo sniffled as well before sunghoon leaned down and kissed his lips. everything felt good again. everything felt right. sunghoon wasn't broken anymore. he wasn't blaming himself anymore because sunoo proved him wrong. he proved that he'd remember him. that love can conquer anything.

that love in itself is stronger than anything.