Chapter 1

(Narrator's POV)

Two weeks later....

"Well. Let's go. Hope he's willing to talk to us." Greg said with a sigh as he got his coat on and was prepared to drive with Connie and Priyanka to see Steven at Surf City Psychiatric Center.

It had been two weeks since Steven was taken in involuntarily and Greg still remembered hearing about the look of betrayal on his son's face when he found out that it was indeed his father who called the authorties to take him to the center. And being who he is, Steven wasn't going to attack a police officer, so he had no choice but to comply.

Now, two weeks later, there was Greg, Connie and Priyanka preparing to go visit the hybrid. And needless to say there were worried all around.

"Greg, I'm worried too. I played a part in what happened but we agreed it was for Steven's own good. I know he's likely still upset but he's not one to hold a grudge....hold on. That's my phone. Hello?....Yes this his doctor.....wait...what? But.....I understand. I'm not surprised either. Alright then. I'll let his family know but please let him know that he's loved and missed, even if he doesn't believe it. Alright thank you. Bye." Priyanka said as she hung up the phone.

"Who was that, Mom?" Connie asked.

"That was the Center. Apparently Steven didn't put anyone on his list of approved visitors, so we can't go see him. I can't say I'm surprised but....." Priyanka said as Greg sighed.

"I'm not. He hates me. He hates the Gems. Why would he want to see any of us?" He said as Priyanka shook her head.

"Believe me: I know. I remember how he looked as he was taken off. But we agreed this was best for him. I just hope he comes around and lets us visit." She said as Connie looked out the window, wondering how Steven was doing.

She was upset with her mother and it was easy to tell she was: Connie wouldn't speak to Priyanka and often just ignored her whenever she said something regarding to this situation. If she wanted to ask something that would require a parent, she would ask Doug(who also seemed upset with Priyanka for this).

Nevertheless, there was nothing to be done for it right now as the 3 of them were soon at Little Homeworld where the Gems were surprised to see them.

"Hmm? I thought you 3 were going to visit Steven?" Pearl asked as Priyanka explained the situation.

"So Steven doesn't wanna see us or anyone? That hurts..." Amethyst said sadly as Pearl was silent the whole time knowing full well why this was happening.

"I hate this. Steven just cutting himself off from us like this. I know what was agreed upon but this.....I don't know if we made the right choice now." Pearl said as Priyanka sighed.

"He's there now, so not much any of us can do about it. It's up to him to open up and be released from there. And I know he likely has harsh feelings but it's all part of being a parent. You have to make choices sometimes for the best interests of your child and there's always a chance they'll hate you for it. Believe me: I know what that's like all too well." Priyanka said as Greg sighed.

"I get it. Maybe this will benefit Steven in the end. Even if he doesn't want anything to do with me when he eventually comes home. I just have to accept that he'll always harbor a grudge over this." Greg said as Priyanka nodded.

"Again. It's all part of being a parent. Especially to a teenager." She said as Connie just glared at her in annoyance.

"Yeah but that doesn't mean you get to make choices for some else's teenager, Mom." The girl said bitterly as she walked away.

"Connie, please. I know you're upset at me for this. You and your father both are, but......" Priyanka began to say.

"But nothing! Because of you, Steven not only doesn't want anything to do with his family, he probably doesn't want anything to do with me either! You know how he thinks! I've outright told you this, Mom! If he thinks the Gems or his Dad betrayed him, then it's likely he thinks I was in on it too! So yeah: I AM upset with you for sticking your nose where it never belonged!" Connie snapped as Priyanka went silent as she watched her daughter tearfully storm away.

"Priyanka? You alright....? You know how much Connie cares about Steven...." Greg said as Priyanka wiped a tear away. While she was clearly hurt by her daughter's anger, she knew she had to stick by her choice otherwise she'd look weak. And for the sake of others, weakness is something a doctor just couldn't show under any circumstances.

Steven's upset and so is Connie! Speaking of our boy Steven, we check back in with him at Surf City Psychiatric Center next chapter! See ya then!

CL-005

Craftfury

Lurkerbelow

FilippoMasiero2

Endie_287

Jss2141