Chapter 11

(Narrator's POV)

"Hey Lapis! Peridot! Look who I brought!" Bismuth called out as she and Steven arrived back at Little Homeworld. A few moments later, the Blue and Green Gem came out of their makeshift house and their eyes lit up when they saw Steven as the two of them engulfed the hybrid in a hug.

"Steven!!! You're OK! We were worried. We heard what happened with you and......." Lapis began to say as Steven hugged them back.

"I wasn't myself. I know that now. But I've gotta find a way to expose Luna for what she's doing to the other hybrids I was with." The hybrid said as Peridot scoffed.

"Who cares about them? They're just as bad as she is! They fell in with her and they can fall with her!" The Green Gem exclaimed as Bismuth shook her head.

"Nah Peridot. That ain't how this works. Steven's right: Those other hybrids are just being played by that Moonstone kid. She's the real problem here. But how are you going to help them without getting mind controlled again yourself, Steven? From what I heard, Garnet was able to resist---" She began to say until Steven cut her off.

"No. I'm not asking them for help. Not after all that's happened. Not after what they put me through. Besides, knowing Pearl and Garnet, they'd just look to end them on the spot. I know how they are with people they don't know, so I don't trust them with this. I'll figure this one out on my own." The hybrid said bitterly, clearly still angry at Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst and his father.

"Steven.....just be careful, OK? I swear if you don't make it back, I'll end those hybrids myself." Lapis said as Steven smiled and began to walk off.....

"Steven......." A voice said. Steven didn't even need to look behind him to know who it was. All he did was simply put up a barrier behind him so they couldn't follow him and used his super speed to run off towards the complex where the other hybrids were.

Once the barrier fell, Lapis and Peridot looked at Garnet, Amethyst and Pearl who had overheard what Steven had said earlier. All they could hope for was that he'd make it back.

(Meanwhile)

"Yo where is he? He said he wanted to hang around a bit longer but I'm getting worried about him." Levi said as Steven still hadn't come back yet.

"You think he decided to stay there? That is his home after all." Cindy said as Callie scoffed.

"After what they did to him? I doubt it. He'll be back soon, Cin. But still: I just wanna wreck those bitches for what they did to Luna. She's still in bed resting." She said as Steven soon arrived.

"Steven? There you are. Was starting to worry. Anyway, got something I wanna run by you: We need to get back at those bastards for what they did to Luna. And knowing the damage you can do, I could use some extra muscle. So you in?" Callie asked as Steven sighed.

"Listen guys. I've got something to tell you about Luna---" He began to say.

"She's been mind controlling us. Or at least you guys. Is that it?" Cindy asked as everyone looked at her in pure shock.

"Wait what? How did you know...?" Steven asked as Callie looked stunned and annoyed.

"Hold the Hell on, you two! What do you mean by that? Mind controlled? Luna wouldn't do that! And how would you even know she's been doing it if she was?" She asked.

"Yeah. Wouldn't you be mind controlled too? How would you know, Cindy?" Drake asked as Cindy sighed.

"It's because I'm the opposite of her. She's darkness and I'm light. My Gem is an Opal. It's light. Which counters the darkness of her Moonstone, making me immune to her Mind Control and any of her powers. Haven't you guys felt strange at all after we've done things like escape from the Center and crash that girl's sweet 16? Have you ever figured that you've only done these things because Luna WANTED you to do them? We all know she isn't exactly right in the head." She said as Callie went silent.

"But.....but that's bullshit! Luna and I have been close for years! I...love her. I always have loved her. She wouldn't control me like that! You're lying!!!" She snapped as Cindy looked at her.

"Callie. You can't be sure of that. While your feelings for Luna were genuine, controlling you is something she's proven she has the mindset for. I know it hurts because you genuinely love her but it's something you have to accept about her." She said as tears fell from Callie's eyes. For the first time in a long time, the girl showed her vulnerable side. The side that's been the victim of much heartbreak and pain. And the side that Luna no doubt took advantage of.

"But how? How did she control all of us at once?" Levi asked as Steven explained what he learned from Bismuth.

"What?!? That sick bitch. We need to find her and deal with her!" Drake said as Seamus came back.

"Bad News on That: Luna's flown the coop. She's gone. Likely overheard you all and realized she'd been found out." He said as the group rushed out but there was no sign of Luna anywhere around the complex. She was gone.

"Damn it!!! I swear: I'll get my hands on that bitch one day! She'll fucking slip up and that's when I'll end her!!!!" Callie snarled as she went back to her room to calm down.

"She'll need some time to relax. We all will. But for now, Steven: I think you have somewhere else to be, my friend. Don't worry: We'll meet again soon." Levi said as Steven said his goodbyes and headed back to Beach City to make amends with someone he loved.

The Finale is Next! See ya then!

Lurkerbelow

Craftfury

Endie_287

FilippoMasiero2

Jss2141