Mistakes are a part of life

"It was a mistake, yes it was. It costed them the match, for sure. But Arshdeep was young. And mistakes are a part of life." thought Virat when he saw Arsh running back to his room not meeting the eyes of anyone. It hurted Virat seeing the kid like that. It reminded him of younger him, thinking everyone will blame him for the mistakes.
Moreover Ro, his ever so calm and composed Ro turned his back to Arsh in the last over. "Ughhh he didn't mean that, he's just under pressure. After all handling the captaincy of the cricket team is the second most difficult task after what Modiji was doing." thought Virat who himself went under this phase.

His elder brother instincts kicked in and he rushed towards Arsh's room and found the door locked. He PANICKED! He started banging the door madly..

"Arsh tussi darwaza khol de!! Mai hu idhar" he shouted (Arsh you open the door I'm here)

"I'm the worst cricketer ever! We lost because of me! You should hate me!" he heard a sobbing sound on the other side.

He felt real bad hearing the kid. He never wanted any ICT player to doubt on themselves that they aren't good enough..

He knew Arsh would not open the door so he asked for the spare key from the reception and entered his all dark room. He could see Arsh sitting with his hands around his knees sobbing.

He sat next to Arsh and started speaking "You know Arsh, when I was new and the first match I played was a disaster. I just made 12 runs. I thought I let everyone down and was crying just like you. But then my Mahi bhai came and consoled me and made me feel like home here. I know I cannot be him for you, but I promise to be by your side whenever you want."

Arsh was processing the words and suddenly wrapped himself around Virat saying "Bhai you're the best bhai for me! Never say that OK? See I'm not crying anymore" and hastily wiped his tears and smiled happily.

Virat was happy that he could uplift the kid's mood. He was about to leave when Arsh said that "Bhai can you please ask Rohit bhai to forgive me? I... tried my best... please ask him not to hate me."

Virat was startled and replied "Ro doesn't hate you Arsh... He was just under pressure.. He must be brooding in the room for shouting at you!" in a believe me tone.

Arsh nodded and smiled at him... Before he left Arsh didn't forget to shout "You're the best bhaiyaaa".
----------------------------------------------
I'm sorry for disappearing for a month but I don't know where time went!! I was giving exams studying eating and sleeping like a routine... But as I'm back here now, updates will be on regular basis .
Suggest me a duo people or I'm feeding you another Rohirat.
Today I did something in my free peroid of school

The two people I absolutely loveee... In case you don't know Gilbert you NEED TO!

Happy Reading...
Ananya❤