Chapter 9

*New character on the top/side ;)*

"Welcome to the beauty of California." Mr.Dauzat says in the over head speaker on the bus. Dylan is in the front sitting next to his dad.

That I didn't know was even his dad.

I'll admit, they do look alike now that I compare them, but I don't understand why he wouldn't even tell me. It's not a big deal. It's not like I am gonna bully him over it or anything. Maybe he thinks that.

"We will be staying in a hotel by the beautiful Kings Canyon National Park." Mr. Dauzat stops my thoughts. I look up the front and listen to him speak about this weeks schedule and how he'll do this at the beginning of every week. This week was we were just going to get a feel for the park and find some stuff out about the place.

I sit quietly, watching the outside brush past the moving charter bus. I see forests of pure beauty with incredible design to them. I see streams tucked away from the road and a path through the brilliant trees. I smile fondly at the view I have. I briefly watch people walking the path before they are out of my sight. It really is beautiful.

The bus takes a turn then stops at a Hilton Hotel. The front section gets off and grabs their belongings then my section gets off and everyone scurries to find their bags. I grab mine and rush into the building. I find my leader moments later and she gives me my key and tells me which room I'm in.

"You have to room with a male this time." She frowns. I groan in response.

"I know I'm sorry I tried to get you another room but this was the only one available. You each have your own bed and I'll be getting something to separate the room off a little. His name is Joseph. I'm sure you'll become friends." She tries to stay positive but fails. I frown and walk towards the elevator and get on with other teens. I get up to floor three and walk out. I turn down to the hall and stop in front of my door.

"Here goes nothing." I mutter to myself. I push the key into the door and open it quickly.

"Hello?" A male voice comes from inside.

I crack it open to find a guy, tanned well and dark brown hair with blue eyes. His toned torso showing from him not having a shirt. He has a six pack.

I gulp. "I am staying in here with you." I say quietly, walking in awkwardly.

He smiles brightly. Making me blush.

"Hi I'm Joseph. Call me Joe." He hold out his large hand to greet me. I step closer and grab his hand shaking lightly.

"I'm Ella." I smile slightly.

"That's a cute name." He winks. I blush again making him laugh.

"So as you can see I already claimed this bed. You can have the one closer to the door." He points to the bed next to his. I nod and set my stuff down.

"Since you are the lady. You can change either in the bathroom or out here in the room." He explains.

"I'll change in the bathroom." I tell him. He nods and smiles that adorable smile again. I open my bag and start sorting things out. He turns on the tv and surfs the channels.

"Anything you like to watch?" He asks me.

"Yeah I like murder mysteries." I say.

"Literally those are my favorite!" He laughs at the end. Oh such a wonderful laugh.

"No way! Nobody ever likes them." I say getting excited. I turn to face him smiling.

We talk for over two hours talking about things. Small life stories and little things about our stuff. We laughed for a long time while making stupid jokes and stuff. We are stopped by a knock at our door.

"We will be leaving for our outing in ten minutes!" A muffled voice says through the door.

"Okay!" I say/laugh. I'm so out of breath.

"I should get ready." I tell Joe. He nods and grabs a shirt out of his suitcase. He throws in on and grabs his shoes. I grab my shorts and shirt and walk into the bathroom and change. I walk out, after asking if it was clear, and put on my shoes. He is at the door waiting.

"Come on Ella I don't have all day this is hurting my arm." Joe whines. I laugh and get up to leave. He seems like a really nice guy. Maybe we can be friends since Dylan really doesn't want to be.