Chapter 7

*MUCH longer chapter! Hoping all my chapters will be around this long! Hope you like ;)*

"Those feelings." He says in a harsh tone as he moves away from the not so brief kiss. He roughly gets out of the elevator and rushes out away from me. I'm still standing in the elevator shocked.

I walk out so I don't get caught with the teenagers about it get on the elevator and go into the little sitting area and sit down to think this out.

He just kissed me.

I didn't think that would happen. I haven't even really known him one whole week and I just want to be friends but apparently that can't happen now.

I trace my fingers along where his lips touched mine. It was almost rough, but I actually liked it. He didn't seem like someone to get really mad about things.

Guess I'm wrong.

He didn't show any emotion so how was supposed to know he had those kind of feelings for me? He could've just told me. He didn't have to kiss me. He must've wanted that kiss just to see how it felt. To see if there were sparks.

There were sparks for me.

That was pretty amazing. I've only kissed two other guys and one was in middle school, which was a one timer. And the other was with my old boyfriend Carson. We dated almost nine months when he cheated on me in freshman year. I got a lot of crap for it and I had a lot of bullying because I was dating him. People though he needed a better, more pretty girlfriend.

Worst part is I think e thought it too so he decided to cheat on me. I've had so many insecurities since and I've lost all confidence in myself.

I get up from the small, leather chair and walk outside and go to the pool to try to find Dylan and talk to him about this. I search for a while and don't see him. I see the four girls I met earlier and decide to walk over and talk to them.

"Hey guys." I say quietly. They all turn and their faces light up making me feel better.

"Hey! Come sit!" Jacy scoots over in her lawn chair so I can sit by her, which I do.

"Why do down?" Courtney says pouting.

"Just. Not feeling well." I half-lied.

"Aww poor thing! Need a smoothie or something? They have a little concession over there." Madison points to the little shack over in the corner decorated nicely with a bar seats on the outside.

I nod slowly and holly jumps up.

"I'll take you!" Holly holds out her hand for me to grab and helps me up. She leads me over to the stand and she tells me to pick out a smoothie. She tells me the ones that are the best, in her opinion. I choose one and grab out my money when she stops me.

"No no. I got this." She smiles and hands the cashier her money.

"No! I can't make you pay for me!" I gasp. I always feel awful when people buy things for me.

She laughs. "It's okay! It seriously is!"

I smile at the kind gesture and thank her repeatedly.

"Your gonna have to buy me lunch now." She winks at me.

"Okay!" I sip my creamy smoothie.

"I'm just kidding girl." She chuckles as we sit down.

"What did you get?" Jacy looks into my cup to see the drink.

"It's called a chocolate hummer I think. It's just like the Chocolate Elvis at Planet Smoothie." I tell her. She nods and turns over to the pool were people are swimming.

"Wanna go in anyone?" Jacy turns back and looks eagerly at all of us.

"Sure!" Courtney says taking her top off revealing her string bikini. Jacy sqeals and takes off her cover up. She has a more conservative bikini on. Madison, already just in her bikini tells us she is going in as well.

"I'll stay and read. Thank you very much." Holly states as she lays back on her chair and grabs the book The Giver from under her seat.

"I'm gonna stay here too." I say. I don't have a bathing suit on and I don wear bikinis anymore. Due to confidence that I no longer have. I really don't want to go up to my room anyways.

She sits quietly and reads and I watch the people in the pool. I smile at the fun they are having, but suddenly feel sad knowing that I don't like swimming. I just never swim anymore because of my insecurities took over me.

"I think I'm going to go to get dinner." I tell Holly. She nods, not letting her eyes leave the book. I walk out of the pool area and go towards the Bob Evans. I walk the small paved path to the restaurant admiring the birds in the sky.

"Can I join?" A familiar voice says behind me. I turn to see a slightly smiling Dylan standing there.

"We aren't supposed to be friends." I told him as I kept walking.

He comes beside me and walks with me. "I thought it through and I wanna try being friends." He chirps.

"Your bipolar." I harshly joke. He flinched at the name, but doesn't say anything as we walk into the restaurant. We ask for a table and patiently wait for one to be cleaned.

"I'm sorry about earlier..." Dylan trails off.

"It's okay. Let's just forget about it, yeah?" He agrees with me. A young lady takes us to our freshly cleaned table and we sit down across from each other.

"So. Tell me why you decided to come here on this trip?" He asks me as I scroll the menu.

"I've always loved nature. It's almost like it's apart of me." I tell him. He nods. "Why are you here?" I ask.

"I was sorta forced." He laughs nervously, "I had to come. My dad made me."

"That sucks." I laugh.

"Yeah but it's okay I guess. I actually love nature. I just don't really like going on so many trips. I've been on all these trips." He tells me. I nod and watch him intently as he talks about his life. The waitress comes by and orders our drinks. We both get tea. Both of us comment to one another that they got a good drink, which makes us laugh.

He smiles widely making my heart flutter. He is actually a really good person.

Maybe we can be friends.