a talk

"Wake up, bro." Corey Seager joked as he walked through the clubhouse noticing Cody slouched over with his head in his hands. When didn't answer, it made Corey's concern level rise. "What's up, Belli" Cody raised his head, Corey's eyes dancing around his face taking in the gloomy state of his teammate.

"Come on, you can tell me." He egged on, wanting to get to the bottom of his problem out of concern and knowing that it would affect his performance out on the field.

"Nah, I'm good man. Just tired that's all," Cody let out a huff. "Cut the bullshit, Belli. What's going on," his teammate questioned, seeing right through his lies. Cody sat for a second, thinking about how he was going to phrase his explanation before he said, "I'm the biggest douchebag ever."

"Nicole?" Corey simply questioned, knowing the biggest stress factor recently has been his break up with Nicole and talking to her in person a couple of weeks ago had taken a toll on him. He nodded, "And Chase too."

"What's going on with Chase?" Corey raised his eyebrows, making Cody take a deep breath in. "I feel like I'm playing her out, man. I love Chase-" he paused.

"God, but not like I love Nicole."

Corey nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I've never seen you like how you were when you were with Nicole." he slightly smiled, knowing how genuinely happy he was with Nicole. "Yeah, I know," Cody shook his head, "Ever since I talked to Nicole, I've been in this mood. Like how do I tell Chase that I'm still in love with my ex-girlfriend."

Corey didn't have an answer, considering never being in the situation his friend was in. But he knew someone was going to get hurt in the end, just the way it had started.

"I'm gonna be honest, I don't know, but don't bullshit your way out of it. Chase is too sweet of a girl and you're gonna dig yourself a deeper hole, bro."

Cody thought about the advice Corey had just given him, "Alright, Dave wants us to take BP ." Corey got up, patting the man on his back before walking out of the clubhouse leaving Cody in his thoughts once again.

Everything had been so different for Cody, like going to a show that his girlfriend was walking in to support her but it was the first time it wasn't Nicole he was there for. He still supported Nicole, she was successful for a reason which he saw including so many others and he didn't just see that because he loved her. But he saw it because she was the best at what she did for a reason.

notes.
hiii i just want to give a little shoutout to sirkinzy
for helping me out a little with this chapter, thanks babe. since cody expressed his feelings there's gonna be all sorts of drama in further chapters, that you all probably expected by now. thank you all so so much for the support, i love you all so much, seriously. thank you for reading