drinks flowing

Nicole didn't know if the drinks were finally hitting or the drinks unlocked her concealed emotions. But her eyes were seeing things that she hadn't seen in months, she thought Cody looked good, like really good. Maybe the seen sweat running down his face from being in the middle of dancing bodies or the shimmer of his silver chain around his neck from the dimmed light.

Deja vu ran through her veins, it was similar to the first time she had saw him.

She hadn't talked to Cody, not even after the fact that Chase had told her the reason they had broke up.

Maybe it was because her schedule was a handful, which is what she keeps telling herself or that seeing her ex-boyfriend that was still in love with her, she knew she couldn't handle it. Something that her heart was preventing her to do, until now.

"I'm gonna go get a drink, you want another?" Chase's voice snapped Nicole out of her thoughts, "No, I'm good for right now," she shook her head. Chase sent her a small smile, leaving Nicole on the leather couch that she had been occupying for a while now.

Nicole had adverted her eyes to their original postion; locked on Cody. But when he was no where to be found, her eyes scrambled the entire building until her eyes fell on the presence in front of her.

"Can I sit here?" Cody nodded to the empty seat next to Nicole, she simply nodded. He sat down on the leather, placing an arm over the top of the couch, slightly grazing Nicole's shoulder. "Sorry," he slightly mumbled at the action, not meaning more than just a lazy action.

She sent him a gentle smile before turning her body to face him more, he didn't notice her attention fully on him til he felt soft hands behind his neck, on his chain.

Nicole fixed the chain, starting from the back of his neck, her fingers straightening out, then to his chest then making her way back to his neck where she gently moved to place her hands behind his neck. Maybe it was the drinks flowing, again or the fact that she genuinely felt something.

"Nicole-"

"Shut up,"

She cut off any further statements that Cody was about to make by gently cupping his face with her new manicured hands, her face so close to his where he could smell the sweet fragrance that she had always worn. Her freshly plump lined lips turned into a blur after she pressed her lips on his, neither of them hesitating.

She pulled away, her hands leaving his to the back of his neck, lazily placing them.

The sound of her phone, lying on the leather sofa shifted her eyes to the bold lettering of 'sister gi' and many missed texts asking where Nicole was at the moment.

Before she picked up the phone, planning to answering, she kept one hand on his neck and moving the other to his cheek to place a gentle kiss on his cheek as her 'goodbye' and secretly meaning 'i'm sorry for leaving' but she's sure he didn't understand that part of the message.

Cody was left like the first time he had met Nicole, she left him like a love sick fool.

notes.
hi so yea that happened. don't think this is the end of the book just because they kissed, it's not don't worry. i have more ideas. thank u all so much for the endless support on this book, it's literally insane. i love u all sm