the first pitch

Nicole knew throwing the first pitch would be bittersweet. Bitter because if she were to throw the first pitch it would be to Cody, her boyfriend. Now ex-boyfriend. But she would get to be at the place she grew up at- Dodgers Stadium.

She thought a lot about what her sister said, she figured Cody was over her after he had got with Chase, forcing herself to push her feelings aside for Cody. They were both over each other (or so she thought).

Cody was sweating bullets every time he had heard Nicole's name, which was kind of hard not to in Los Angeles. But he was going to be hearing her name a lot more when she was throwing the first pitch to Mookie, who he was slightly jealousy of but he would never admit that.

Cody was at the top of the stairs in the dugout, Nicole standing with Mookie on the other side of the field.

"At least it was one of your teammates who scooped Nicole up and not some random dude," Walker chuckled behind Cody while shaking both of his shoulders. "Fuck you," called out Cody as Walker made his way to the other side of the dugout.

There was a moment when Nicole had moved her eyes to the dugout and that moment Cody had also moved his eyes to glance at Nicole, but that glance turned into both of their eyes locking til Nicole was introduced throughout the stadium.

Nicole slightly jogged, Mookie doing the same behind the plate. She sent waves to the crowd before she threw a strike to Mookie.

"Hey! That was a strike," Nicole exclaimed as she and Mookie jogged to each other. He chuckled shaking his head before he draped an arm over his shoulder smiling for a picture. "He's staring," Mookie mumbled, Nicole still smiling, "When is he not."

"She's not here tonight," he informed Nicole making her give him a confused look, "Who?" Before he continued they both thanked the photographer, "Chase, she usually is at most of the games." Nicole raised her eyebrows, "She's not here when you're throwing out the first pitch. Coincidence? I don't think so," he slightly laughed.

She furrowed her eyebrows, sending Mookie a quick 'goodbye' before she was ushered off the field by a staff member and up to Kendall, who was probably going to talk her ear off about Mookie.

notes.
i feel bad because not much really happened
in this chapter but next chapter kind of starts the
Cody and Nicole saga for what's about to happen. i hope you somewhat enjoyed this chapter, thank you so much for all of the support. i love you all