Part 2

As I stood there, silently crying, tears streaming down my face one by one, I noticed it was getting dark and it was almost time for the bonfire to be lit and dinner to be served. I wiped my tears with the back hand of my hand and walked over to where everyone was. it hurt to see everyone so cheerful even though they basically just sent Ben to his death. I walked over to where Frypan was and started helping him make dinner. " took you long enough!" he chuckled. " I know, I'm sorry" I added as I grabbed the food the gardeners gave us from under the fire-lit oven. " you okay Y/N?" I put on a smile and nodded. " yeah, I'm fine" I lied, I wasn't fine.  it was probably visible but I didn't care. I turned back to my vegetable chopping.  for dinner, me and Frypan just made chicken soup. Gally lit the bonfire with Winston and and some other builders just as we finished cooking. " I got the rest fry." I said while grabbing wooden bowls from the shelfs behind us. He nodded and walked out with a bowl of soup in his hands. " Come get your food shanks!" I shouted as the boys started lining up, taking their share of food.

After everyone got their food, I grabbed mine and sat over with Minho and the rest of the Runners. I heard Minho laughing along with everyone else. " hey shortie" Minho said while ruffling my hair up. " hey slow-poke" I joked. " you know what happens when you call me slow, Y/N, you get tickled to death." Minho chuckled. "oh no I'm so scared!" I laughed sarcastic tone. " don't try it shortie" he laughed along with me. I have to say, I forgot about Ben for a moment. I wish I hadn't though. but at the same time, I wished I could have forgot all about it, like it never happened.

{with the greenie and Newt}

" How are you liking The Glade so far?" Newt asked as he took a sip of Gally's ' secret recipe' drink. " it's alright, I guess. but why are there so many boys but only one girl?" the greenie asked, talking about me.  " as Alby told you before..." Newt trailed. "she and him came up The Box in the same time.   in all the three years we've been here, no other girl has ever come up." Newt added. " we don't know why she's the only one they sent up." He said whilst taking another sip. they here a loud screeching-roar come from inside the Maze. " what the hell was that?" the greenie asked glancing at Newt. "well we call them grievers."  said Newt, focused on the Maze. " of course no one's ever seen one and lived to tell the tale about it." he sat up as those words can out of his mouth. " what do you think of Y/N?" the greenie suddenly asked while looking at the Maze just as Newt did. Newt paused to think about it. " I think she's..." he trailed off again. " beautiful, passionate, caring, and just about the most incredible person I've ever met." Newt said, slowly changing his gaze to meet the darked haired boy sitting next to him. " but anyways, enough of that, you're supposed to be our guest of honor!" Said newt, getting to his feet.

"hey Y/N!" Newt shouted. I smiled and waved as he and the greenie come up to me. " here" he said, handing me one of Gally's nasty drinks. even though I hate these, I couldn't stop myself from taking a sip. "thanks" I took a drink of it, almost gagging at the taste. " this is literally disgusting." I chuckled and looked at Gally who was now glaring at me. " watch your mouth Y/N!" Gally shouted from the fighting pit. " slim it shank!" I yelled back. flipping him off. Gally just rolled his eyes and continued in the fighting pit. " figure out ya name yet, Greenie?" I looked back to Newt and the Greenie as they both sat down next to me. " why does everyone keep calling me 'Greenie'?" the boy asked, ignoring my question. " that's just what we call the newbies that don't have their names yet" I answered his question before Newt could. " until you get your name back, we call you Greenie." Newt added after me. the boy nodded. " so, You're Y/N? the girl who shoved me into that pit?" I chuckled at his question. " well yes, that would be me. sorry about that, I do that to everyone." I stared at the wall, focusing my attention to my thoughts. I remembered the days  that everyone came up, the day Chuck came up, he klunked his pants three times before I pulled him in the pit. A few months ago, I asked Minho what he thought when he came up. he said that he thought I was the most terrifying person he saw the day he came up.  Newt noticed my staring. "hey" He asked before he placed his hand on my shoulder. I shook my head at glanced  back at him for a moment.  "  are you sure you're okay?." he asked, I could see the concern in his eyes. " I'm perfectly fine." I said sternly, giving a small smile towards Newt then returning my gaze back on the closed maze doors. Of course, I wasn't fine, a lot of people of died this month. First, Nick, then Billy, and now Ben. Why were so many people dying this month?