Chapter 2 - The House of Dimitrescu

When Y/N came to, he found himself once again lying face down on a cold, stone floor. His head spun from the after-effects of the strange, black flower, and there was a bitter, almond-like aftertaste on his tongue.  His hands were unbound, and as he pushed himself to his feet, the mind-fog receded slightly, leaving him with a throbbing headache.

'Ow... ow my... god!' Y/N snarled as he pushed himself upright, inwardly cursing himself for managing to succumb to the same trick twice in... he didn't even know how long!

'There's definitely something in that stuff!' He growled belatedly, straightening up and looking around, swaying slightly from the dizziness. A moment later, his jaw dropped open.

He appeared to be standing in the center of a large, but extremely well-furnished hallway, flooded with light and warmth from a number of large candles, a gigantic crystal chandelier which hung, twinkling overhead, and an open fire which crackled merrily away in the heart to one side.

Above him, a balcony fashioned from dark wood extended to either side of him, before joining with an ornate, curved, wooden staircase which swept down the wall to his right, spilling its red and gold carpet onto the black and white patterned floor at the far end.

The walls were paneled with dark wood, and on either side of the enormous fireplace, two suits of glittering silver armour stood facing two low, upholstered seats and a small table.

Y/N marveled at the intricacy and opulence of the designs and architecture, comparing it to several of the old-fashioned, high-nobility estates he had seen pictures of back in England, and guessing that it must have dated back to the high-renaissance at least. After a moment or two more, he shook himself, memories flooding back to him from the last time he woke up, and a distinct chill crawled over his skin despite the sweltering heat.

He was in huge trouble! By now, his van was most certainly a lost cause (if it wasn't to begin with), and he had managed to be taken prisoner by some strange beings who he was sure weren't entirely human. Y/N wasn't the type to hang himself up on science, he was more the "figure it out when I have the time" kind of person, and therefore he immediately began thinking of the more pressing issue of his own survival, rather than negotiating the pitfalls and debates of mutants, drug-flowers, bird-woman hybrids and impossibly large women...

The woman...

Cautiously, Y/N quickly swept the hall with his gaze, then listened hard, but he saw and heard no signs of Lady Dimitrescu's presence. Well... after seeing how easily she had executed the other foreigner, and how his bullets had seemingly bounced off her, Y/N guessed that whatever she had planned for him would not be something he enjoyed. He had to escape.

Swallowing hard, shaking the last of the dizziness from his head, Y/N quickly and quietly moved towards the doorway behind him, trying the handle, but finding it locked tight. Silently, he dashed along the length of the hall, his trainers barely whispering along the ground as he went, and hurriedly tried the handles of two more doors, both of which were also locked. Distantly, Y/N heard a slight, breathy giggle come from somewhere above him.

Y/N's head snapped upwards, eyes flicking to the rafters of the hall, but there was no-one to be seen. Cautiously, he walked back towards the center of the hall, but not before he had stepped quickly to one side and relieved one of the suits of armour of its sword.

The sword was heavy, and the edge slightly dull, but the pointed tip and reassuring weight made Y/N feel a little better. Wincing slightly, he looked up at the huge, curved staircase. He had the uncomfortable feeling that he was being herded. He could feel eyes on him, more than one pair, and whomever was watching him was no doubt waiting until he left the hall to make their move.