Chapter 7

~To Be Together~

(The night before Zee’s birthday)

Thunder crashed and lightning struck causing a torrential downpour of rain. The light’s flickered as the power surged. The captain was tied up on a chair, blood dripping from his forehead, down to his chest. His face was unrecognisable from how de-formed it had become. Bruises of black and purple formed all around his face.

In an abandoned ware-house, 3 men stood over the captain, beating him to a pulp. 

“Enough!” A man commanded, halting the beating.

The captain was gasping for air, fighting to stay alive.

“I thought we had a deal, Uncle? That you were going to help us destroy the Panich family.” The man turned around and walked over to where the bloody man sat. 

“I didn’t want to do this Uncle, but the other side’s not happy. They are not happy that you fucked up their plans.” The man crouched down and looked at his mothers brother. A man he looked up to, as a father figure. He once thought that his Uncle was the coolest man alive. But now, he was beaten and broken. The man spit out in disgust. He didn’t know this man, not anymore! And it’s all their fault. The Panich family. The man has always hated the Panich family, for what they did to him. For being the reason why he lost so much in his childhood. For being the reason why he lost both of his parents. And now, they are trying to take his Uncle as well. To turn his Uncle against him. To betray him.

“It didn’t need to end like this. You had one simple thing to do. All you had to do was drop off the shipment at the dock and fucking leave. But no! You had to snoop around and ruin everything.” The man was almost yelling now. He was angry. Angry that everything was ruined. The plan that they had carefully constructed was now ruined!

“If you weren’t so damn loyal to those fucking bastards, you wouldn’t be in this mess.” The man was seething with rage. He loathed the Panich family, especially Zee. He had always hated Zee. For taking everything from him. The man stood up, taking his phone from his jacket.

“Let’s see how he likes it.” The man wore a sinister smirk, as he sent off a text.

(At the same time)

Zee felt the vibration of his phone. He took it out of his jacket and looked at it. He didn’t recognise the number, so he swiped to open the text message. What he saw made him sick inside. 

“Come and get your dog” was written with a photo of the captain’s bloody face.

Zee clenched his jaw. That wasn’t the plan. He wasn’ supposed to get caught. 

“Dammit!” He breathed out.

Zee closed the text and went to his contact list, to call the only person who can help.

“Khun Zee, what do you need?” The other person asked.

“Phi Kinn, I need your help! Meet me in 10 minutes at the old factory.” Zee hung up the call and marched out of his office.

(Kinn’s POV)

The urgency in the young master's voice drew a frown on my face. What happened? But I knew never to ask. If the young master needs my help, I will go.

If he wanted to meet at the old Panich factory, that would only mean one thing. Something was going down. I quickly changed out of my sweatpants, into something more appropriate for the occasion. With black from head to toe, I quickly sent a message to Vegas, notifying him about the situation and telling him to keep it on the down low. 

I strapped my gun belt around my waist and grabbed my backpack, heading out to meet the young master. 

This must be something concerning the shipment. Whoever or whatever has done this, will be sorry they even thought to do it in the first place. The young master will break down every barrier and search the whole of Chiang Rai, Thailand even, to find out who did this. The young master is also a person of great honour and integrity. He is often misunderstood by people as someone unkind, but that is because he doesn’t trust so openly. He protects his people and will walk through fire, to save the people he loves. 
(End of Kinn’s POV)

*flashback to a few days ago*

“I do not want an apology from you. After working with you for more than 20 years, I know you would never do anything to jeopardise your shipment, as it is your livelihood. So, stop with this ridiculous facade and tell me honestly, what really happened.”

The captain was shocked and looked at Zee with wide eyes.

“I know that you were paid to make an illegal drop off at a secret location. Do not waste my time and make up a lie, because that will only make things worse for you. So, who paid you?” 

The captain physically shook as he realised he'd been caught. He dared not to look at Zee, and began to tremble.

“Khun Zee, please forgive me. I never wanted to do it, believe me. But they took my daughter and threatened to kill her. Please Khun Zee, believe me. I would never want to intentionally do anything to hurt you or the business.” The captain, with his head to the ground, begging Zee for forgiveness. 

Zee turned away, feeling a migraine coming. 

“Who paid you?” Zee asked once again.

There was silence.

Zee swung around from the chair, pouncing onto the captain with a gun to his head.

“I’m giving you 3 seconds to answer me. Who the fuck paid you?” Zee could feel his patience slithering away, as he saw red. This was someone he trusted. Someone who was like family to him. 

“I received a text from an unknown number, saying that they had my daughter and would kill her if I didn’t do what they wanted. Khun Zee please believe me. I don’t know who it is. All I knew was, I had to deliver the shipment to the secret location then I would get paid. But I didn’t want the money. I only want my daughter back.” The captain had teary eyes as he truthfully revealed everything to Zee.

“Where is the secret location.?” Zee asked once again, trying to piece together information.

“Khun Zee, you have to understand. I only did this, because they have my daughter. If they catch a whiff that you know about this information, my daughter will die.” 

“I will find your daughter, and I promise you, she will not die.” Zee made eye contact with the captain as he promised.

“So tell me! Where is the secret location?!” 

The captain took a deep breath.

“Chiang Mai krub.”

_______________________________________________________________________

Hello beautiful people!

As I was planning out the story line, I’ve made up 2 extra characters that I will be introducing, via photograph, soon. So that you can picture what these characters look like. (Again disclaimer, these characters and events are for entertainment purposes only and are not real in any way.) Also because they fit the visual I had in mind for the characters, as to also help you visualise them. 

Also another disclaimer, I do not own any of these photos (via Google) and credit to the owners.

So stay tuned for the next chapter to be introduced to the new characters. Happy reading!