fudge flies with an aftertaste - year 1

Hi Mummy, hi Daddy, hi Al and Lily!

It's been great, yesterday the first quidditch game was held and I just can't wait to be part of the team. But, you know the rules, first-years aren't allowed on the team. Stupid rule if you ask me.
In DADA we finally learned something useful, the Knockback Jinx. Only a little bit more training and I'm going to master it, and that's were the fun starts. Kidding. Of course :)

Halloween preparations are taking place, this evening is the party. Hagrid already showed us the pumpkins he growed, and they're huuuge. Lily, you would easily fit inside one. And Nick secretly told me that they're going to do a show! It's going to be fabulous, and we also don't have class today. But before we can go there, Lucas and I have to serve detention. Oops. We kinda threw water balloons through the Entrance Hall, Lucas, Leo, Alice and I. And Professor Swanson kinda didn't think it was funny. Actually our detention was served when we had to clean up the Entrance Hall, but maybe, just maybe, Lucas and I fought with our mops and accidentally hit a third-years head. He's alright though, but Swanson was a little pissed.

I really, really miss y'all, can't wait to see you again, even though it's still two months.

Lots of love, James

James got up from the table in the common room and made his way towards the portrait hole.

He wanted to get the letter on its way before breakfast so he had to hurry.

Finally he arrived at the stairs to the owlery, he walked up, and at the entrance, he froze.

There, before one of the windows, there were Teddy and- and Vicky.

Kissing.

Mouth wide open, James processed the situation, his almost brother Ted and his cousin Victoire.

After a few seconds watching them he continued his way in not without saying: "Ew guys, get yourself a room."

They jumped apart, growing really red.

"I- You- What're you doing here", Teddy stuttered.

"Am I not allowed to send letters?", James rolled his eyes, barely containing his laughter.

"Hem, of course..", he said, an awkward silence developed after James turned to Peanut and tied his letter onto his foot, laughing silently to himself.

At least Ted and Victoire looked like they found it highly awkward while James was just enjoying it.

"Look, James", Victoire started.

"No need to explain. How long though?"

Ted grew even more red: "Since the end of last year, or so."

"Damn, and none of us noticed anything. Anyway, I'm gonna go to breakfast. Have fun you two."

James walked out and was still snickering as he went down to the Great Hall.

He sat down, his friends were not there yet, and grabbed a ham and cheese toast.

After a few minutes, Dominique and Alice finally came down, right after Ted and Victoire had arrived and gone to each of their house tables.

As they sat down James announced important news to Dominique.

"Alright, you won't believe what I've just witnessed. Mini, it's unbelievable.", he grinned.