TREINTA Y CINCO

Scarlett's POV

"Hey, Scarlett! Wake up!"

I jolted up once I felt someone touch my shoulder.

"Huh?! Where's Hayden?! Is she okay?!"

"Yeah, she is... Are you okay? You were whimpering in your sleep" Sarah asked concerned.

"It's a bad dream... I saw Hayden dead. It felt so real"

"It's just a nightmare. Hayden is fine. They kept her in the ICU for a while to check her vitals. Her heart stopped twice during the surgery"

"Oh, God. How is she?"

"She's still asleep but she should wake up soon, that's what the doctor says. She will stay in the ICU just for a few hours just to check if there are complications because of the surgery then if there are none she will be transferred to a normal room and stay a few more days to heal her wounds and clear up everything"

"Can we see her now?"

"Not yet. She's still getting prep in the ICU."

I nodded and took a deep breath.

"She's okay. Don't worry about that nightmare of yours."

"I know but it felt so real and you were there. I saw her body in the morgue"

"But you don't have to worry as I said. Her surgery went through."

We talked for a bit about some other things until Tia Camille said something.

"Hey girls, you can see her now but don't be shocked by all the wires"

I took a deep sigh and follow Tia Camille. We wore some gowns and gloves because of the germs we might bring in.

I saw my girlfriend lying in the bed with a bunch of wires connected to her body.

Sarah and I stayed for a bit longer in there until she has to leave.

"I don't know if can hear this but I had a bad dream... It's about you, dying. I was so scared. I thought I lost you... You know that I can't lose you. Not in a million years"

I felt her hand move a little as if she heard me say those things. I chuckled a little just thinking of what she will say back. Probably something cheesier than what I said.

I stayed a little longer than I should but a few hours from now she will be moved to her old room. Her heart rate has been stable and the doctors said she's ready to be moved.

Timeskip

Hayden is now back in her old room. We are just waiting on her to wake up. The doctor said it may take longer but usually, the patient wakes up at the time the medicine comes off.

No one's POV

It's been a few hours and Hayden still hasn't woken up from her sleep. Everyone is waiting anxiously in her room. Suddenly, Hayden slowly opened her eyes.

"Hey! Are you okay? I'll call some nurses, okay?" Said someone whose Hayden can't recognize.

The doctors and nurses checked everything on Hayden's body. Hayden seems a little too confused at first. Her visions are a bit blurry and her hearing is a bit mumbled.

"Water" Hayden managed to say.

Somebody places her bed into a sitting position and brings a cup of water to her lips.

"Are you okay?" Somebody asked while caressing Hayden's cheeks.

Scarlett.

Hayden just nodded as tears flowed out of her eyes. She hugged Scarlett tightly as if like there was no tomorrow.

"I missed you so much," Scarlett said while crying hard on Hayden's shoulders.

"I thought- I thought you were dead"

"I'm not. I'm not easy to kill" Hayden jokes and makes Scarlett giggle a little.

"It's not funny. You are lucky I can't hurt you right now"

"But you laughed"

"I did not"

Soon enough everyone came into the room to check on Hayden. Everyone is glad that Hayden is now awake.

"I'm glad you're awake, Hayden" Doctor Yang said.

"I'm also very glad and I want to say thank you"

"It's my job to treat you so I'm just doing my job... Anyways, you're gonna stay here for a few days just to check your vitals then if your vitals are doing great, you can go home and continue the treatment at home"

"Okay, doctor. Thank you very much"

"Well, I'll come again tomorrow. Goodbye"

The doctors were out immediately of the room.

Weeks went by...

Hayden had gotten home and continue the medication that she was given. She's getting better and better as time went by. Scarlett is by her side throughout everything ever since she was in the hospital. Hayden was very grateful that Scarlett is there by her side but there's something she hasn't told Scarlett yet...

Flashback...

"Lola... I need to tell you something" Hayden said while crying.

"What is it?"

"I want to go back..."

"To where?"

"To the Philippines"

"Why? I thought you like it here"

"I do but I won't like it if I'm like this"

"What about your friends? Scarlett?"

"I don't know... Just take me back please. Anywhere but here... I don't want to see myself like this but I can't help it. It made me feel better..."

A/N:

I'm back after a long time. Here's a short chapter for you guys. Forgive me. Btw the flashback is before the hospital thing happened. Bye.