TREINTA Y SIETE

"Hello, pumpkin,"

"Hello Dad? Why did you call?"

"Just asking if you guys flight is today?"

"Uhm, yes dad. It is today... later this evening"

"Alright pumpkin. Can't wait to see you guys again! Where's my grandbaby?"

"She's in her room preparing her things and Meredith things. She's bringing her cat."

"Okay. You guys should prepare your things so bye pumpkin. I love you."

"Goodbye, Dad! Can't wait to see you too! I love you too"

Hayden got off the phone and checked on her daughter.

"Hi minonette, are you guys ready?"

"Yes mama! I packed some of my toys. Is that okay?"

"Yes, mi vida. Shall we have dinner?"

"Yes! I'm hungry! Come on, Meredith"

So yeah, about that... I'm an adult now and I have a daughter who I adored so much. She's my everything.

Let's catch up, so I'm Hayden, as you know, and this is my life now. I'm a surgeon now. Before anyone saying, "Hayden you're an heir to a huge company, why do you have to work blah blah blah". Bullshit. The reason is I want my daughter to have a normal life as long as I can give that to her. Also I wanna have my own money.

You're probably wondering, who's the mother of my child, it's Alli. I met her in college, here in London. I went to London to study medicine. She was the most beautiful girl in the campus. Smart. Kind. She has it all. At that time, I don't think I have a chamce with her but hey that doesn't mean I didn't try.

Alli and I almost got married. I proposed to her that night of our 3rd anniversary. It was such a wonderful night. That's when I found out she's pregnant with my Alcy. It was the best news I have ever received in my life. Unfortunately, her pregnancy had complications. It's between her and my own child. We promised that she would choose herself no matter what but she chose our child.

I was devestated for years. I couldn't forgive myself for what happened. I couldn't accept that she died. I blamed it on my child. I didn't start to become her mom until she was like 3 years old. That's when I started to realize I need to be with her. There's a reason why Alli chose her than herself.

Anyways, enough with the recap. We are now heading to New York to visit my dads. This little one for sure missed her granddads. Gosh, they spoil her too much whenever they have her. Like they visited us back in London, on her last birthday, Alcy said she wants to go to the toy store and they came back with the whole toy store. Papa probably bought that toy store.

"Mama, stop blanking out. I wanna play with you"

"Uhm, sorry princess, but sure I'll play with you"

"How long till we get to Lolo?"

"about 8 hours. Why are you asking?"

"Ugh! I wanna be there already!"

"Well, if you sleep, the waiting wont be so long"

"Nuh uh. I'm not gonna sleep"

"Vida, little kids need sleep at least 8 hours"

"I'm 7, Mama. I'm not a little kid anymore"

"Sure, but you are always my baby"

"Mama!"