[Prologue]

"Thanks for the purchase!"

After exiting the store, I let out a heavy sigh, glancing at the bag in my hand containing two figurines of Seele Vollerei and Finality Tuna. They cost a lot, but they were worth it... right?

Wait, now that I think about it, I've been buying a lot of merchandise lately. They look so good that I can't stop myself from pressing the pre-order button. All the money I've saved over the past few years is dwindling, and I'm slowly running out...

Why can't I control myself? It's like I'm addicted to this stuff. Every time I see a new release, my heart races, and my hand moves on its own. I know I shouldn't, but the thought of not getting a limited edition of my favorites' merch feels unbearable. It's just plastic, but it makes me happy. Isn't that worth something?

Looks like I need to get another part-time job and work harder. More hours, less sleep. But if it means keeping my collection, then it's worth it. Right?

Walking along the sidewalk, lost in thought, I suddenly heard a woman screaming behind me. My heart skipped a beat.

I turned around and saw a 10-wheeler truck barreling straight towards me.

"What the-?"

I looked for a way to dodge, but it was useless. It was a large truck, and I couldn't escape by diving to the side. This was a sidewalk, why would anyone be driving here?

Wait... the driver's asleep... you've got to be kidding me...

I processed all this in less than a second.

If I had the time to think all this, surely I had the chance to find something to save my life, right? But strangely, it felt like time had slowed down, as if this moment was stretching out...

Am I about to die?

I don't want to die like this. I haven't even cleared my PC's search history. Plus, there are so many light novels and games I haven't finished yet. And what about my family? My crewmates in GBF? They'd be devastated because they lost another farmer. And my collection, what will happen to it? Will my stupid little sister understand how much these things mean to me?

But it seems like this is the end. As I closed my eyes, my body received a shock unlike anything I'd ever experienced before, and I lost consciousness.

◇◇◇

When I finally regained consciousness, I felt a strange sensation. The ground beneath me was not the hard, unforgiving pavement I had expected. Instead, it felt like the chair that I usually sit on at school.

Slowly, I opened my eyes and blinked against the bright sunlight filtering through the windows beside me. I sat up, feeling an unfamiliar weight on my body and a strange tingling sensation in my limbs.

Where am I?

I looked around and saw that I was apparently inside a classroom. For a moment, I thought it was my school, but upon closer inspection, it wasn't. The room was too neat to be my school. Plus, the structure of the building and the corridors were different.

Most importantly, for some reason, I was wearing a different uniform. It was definitely different no matter how I looked at it. Firstly, it was a girl's uniform. The skirt gave it away! Also, my body felt smaller.

Why am I wearing a girl's uniform and where even am I?

Wait, didn't I get hit by a truck?

Maybe this is all just a dream?

I pinched my cheek, hoping to wake up from this bizarre scenario, but the pain felt all too real. Panic started to set in as I looked around the room for clues. The other students were busy chatting or looking at their phones, seemingly oblivious to my confusion.