Chp 1

As 24-year-old Amelia lay on what was once a parking garage with several rebound bars piercing her body bleeding out she hears her father screaming her name.  She thinks about the last few weeks and how she got to know him and wishes she had more time.

"Amelia.  Look at me," Damon reached his daughter.  He looks over her body surveying the damage.  The injuries from the rebound bars were bleeding profusely.  One of the bars has pierced her lung and is dangerously close to her heart.  Damon looks his daughter in the eyes, "You're gonna be okay.  We can fix this."  He didn't know if he lying to her or himself.

Damon crouches with his arms underneath Amelia preparing to lift her off the rebound bars.  He knows she can't heal until they are removed.  As he lifts her off the bars she screams in pain, her mouth and teeth red from her own blood she was going to choke on.  He rushes over to a grassy area near the collapsed parking garage under the shade of a tree.  He cradled his daughter's body in his arms, lifting one wrist to bite into it.  Hoping to feed her some of his blood so she could heal.

Amelia tries to keep her eyes open.  She is too weak from the blood loss to stay conscious.  She's too weak to swallow the blood her father tries to feed her.  The two are surrounded by a few people, Damon's brother Stefan, Deckard and Owen Shaw, Queenie, Letty, Dom, Roman, and Luke.

"Amelia..." Damon lightly shakes his daughter.  "Come on baby girl.  You have to drink.  Amelia!" Damon tries massaging her throat to get her to swallow but she doesn't.  His eyes well up with tears, "Please Amelia.  Please."  He caresses her face and whispers, "I just found you." 

AN: Very short chapter. I decided to change the style of this story.  Bare with me, please.