Chp 5

Bold = Audience

Normal = Movie

After everyone served themselves drinks, they took their seats. The movie was paused on a scene where Leon had just put Amelia in her bed, tucked her in, and left. There were small conversations being held throughout the small theater, nobody really noticed Damon staring at the screen. He couldn't help but feel like Amelia meant something to him. He had a theory but thought it was crazy, 'She can't be mine. Vampires can't procreate.'

Everyone quieted down when the movie resumed.

The screen fades to black before coming back on showing Brian getting roughly handcuffed and thrown in the back of an unmarked police car. Instead of driving to the police station, the car drives to a house in the hills once owned by Elizabeth Taylor. Brian is pulled from the back of the car and the handcuffs are removed. The "arrest" was a ruse just in case he was being watched.

Brian follows the cop into the house where it has been transformed into a temporary base of operations for the FBI/LAPD. He stands next to one of the directors, "Did your guy have to rough me up?" Sergeant Tanner smirked, "Had to make it look realistic. Can't blow your cover before we get what we need." Special Agent Bilkins of the FBI joins the two, "Speaking of? Have you learned anything useful?" Brian shakes his head, "Not yet. I need more time." Bilkins informs Brian, "Well, the directors are getting antsy. They are wanting to move on Toretto now. I need something and soon or I will be forced to arrest Toretto and his crew."

Before anyone can comment on what they just watched the scene changes. Amelia is sitting on her bed with the contents of the trunk spread out in front of her. The jewelry boxes lay open showing several handmade pieces. Each with a note describing what they represent. A very old book which Amelia learns is a witch's grimoire, her family's grimoire.

  A very old book which Amelia learns is a witch's grimoire, her family's grimoire

She is a little overwhelmed by all the things she uncovered. Finding she came from a family of witches and that she is one herself but was never told. Amelia is hurt by the fact her mother never told her of their lineage. She had to learn it from the contents of this trunk that her mother had buried under five inches of concrete.