Trolls: Part One

We look through the ponies to see which ones we're missing.

I find out which ones are gone.

"Daisy and Bongo are missing." I say to the lads.

Then I find something. Two unnaturally uprooted trees. Two very LARGE uprooted trees.

"Well, what do we do?" asks Bilbo.

"Guys," I say. "I found something that you might want to see, so get over here."

They come and see the trees.

"Well, Burglar, what do you think of this?" Kili asks Bilbo, after all of them come.

"Well, I say that whatever did this is very large... possibly quite dangerous." Bilbo concludes.

Both Kili and Fili look at me. I nod agreeing with what Bilbo just said.

I hear a noise and turn my head to the right. To see a dim light in the distance.

I nudge Fili and motioned toward the fire, I could tell that it was a fire because of how much it flickered.

"Look! A light! Over there!" Fili says, as if he saw it first, before heading off in that direction.

I simply roll my eyes and shake my head before the rest of us follow Fili.

We silently run close to the light, until I hear another noise.

I stick my arm out after we get behind a fallen tree to stop them.

"Saphira, what is it?" Bilbo asks.

I answer him with one word.

"Trolls."

Then, Fili, Kili, and I stand up and go a little bit farther. Bilbo takes a moment before following.

We get close, but not too close.

Then, we see a troll taking two new ponies, who are frantically kicking and whining, away from the fire and towards the camp.

"He's got Myrtle and Minty!" Bilbo exclaims. "We've got to do something."

"Yes, you should." Fili says, taking the bowls of soup out of Bilbo's hands.

"You can go and try to free the ponies. You're so small, they'd never see you!" Kili joins in.

What?!

They slightly pushed him towards the direction that the troll went in.

"When you think you're going to get in trouble, hoot twice like a brown owl, and once like a barn owl." Fili finishes.

Bilbo walks slowly, muttering something under his breath.

"I'll watch him to make sure that he'll be okay. You two go and get Thorin and everyone else, go!" I tell them, a little bit angry at them for what they did.

They run back in the direction of camp while I slowly follow Bilbo to the Trolls camps. As long as Bilbo stays quiet, we should be fine until Fili and Kili come.

I'm not going to hold my breath for either though.