Chapter 21

Firdausi found herself sprawled on the beautifully adorned bed, feeling a mix of exhaustion and frustration. Donning her favorite black camisole, the one adorned with a delicate pink heart pattern, she took solace in scribbling away in her book. Breakfast had been a simple affair, with bread, egg, and a comforting cup of tea enjoyed right there on the bed.

Just as she was lost in her thoughts, a message chimed on her phone, demanding her attention. It was a playful prank from Mubarak, disguised under an unfamiliar number, inviting her to meet outside her house. Intrigued, she decided to play along. Mubarak alwat whisked her away on his motorbike, surprising her with a selection of snacks he had personally handpicked. Initially, she found his choices slightly irritating, but after taking a bite of the bread and peanut butter, she was pleasantly surprised by the delectable flavors.

Mubarak was her dear bosom friend, someone she cherished deeply, but their bond would never transcend into a romantic love. Feeling a surge of excitement, Firdausi swiftly changed into a sleeveless t-shirt, leaving the long-sleeve shirt unbuttoned for a casual yet stylish look. Pairing it with relaxed fit jeans, she covered her head and grabbed her purse before gracefully strolling out to the gate.

Zaynab was still in the process of getting ready for work. Firdausi emerged from her room with a bright smile on her face, expecting to see Mubarak in his rebellious ripped jeans, the ones his dad strictly forbade him from wearing, and a snug shirt that accentuated his physique, waiting for her on his bike. However, to her surprise, she laid eyes on a completely different person.

This individual was clad in tight jeans, adorned with chains, and exuded an undeniable handsomeness as he winked at her. Firdausi glanced around, checking if her mom was nearby, then turned her fury towards him, grabbing his collar.

"What are you doing in my house?" she demanded fiercely.

"You were the one who first showed up uninvited, Firdausi," Damien retorted.

"That doesn't give you the right to just barge in. What do you want?" she shot back.

"I want you to say yes and delete those pictures," he said with a smug smile.

"Then prepare for disappointment," she responded confidently.

"And you should be prepared for me to leak those pictures," he added, looking directly into her eyes as she continued to grip his collar.

"What's going on?" Zaynab questioned, already dressed in a sharp tuxedo and donning dark sunglasses, which she quickly removed.

Firdausi instantly released Damien, unable to find the right words to explain.

"Hi, Mom," Damien greeted nervously, realizing he was in the presence of Firdausi's mother, before swiftly mounting his bike.

"Excuse me, who are you?" Zaynab inquired, curiosity evident in her voice.

"Just a friend she met at the rager," he replied, revving the engine of his bike and making a quick getaway.

"Rager?" Zaynab called out to Firdausi, then took her hand and led her inside, ready for another dramatic turn of events.

"Islam, Islam," called out Zaynab, and Islam emerged from the kitchen already dressed in a shirt, trousers, and a scarf.

Without hesitation, Zaynab delivered a forceful slap, as hard as a rock, before asking, "Did you know that Firdausi went out to a party?"

"But we were all at home," Islam, bewildered, replied.

"Shut up, liar! Your sister went out, and you didn't even know. What kind of girl are you? So careless and irresponsible," Zaynab lambasted.