Chapter-4

●⎯⎯⎯ ❈❃❃❃❈⎯⎯⎯●

BREAKFAST WAS OVER AND NARUTO WAS still not back, "Poor boy he was out all night, he's probably starving," Tsunami said concerned

BREAKFAST WAS OVER AND NARUTO WAS still not back, "Poor boy he was out all night, he's probably starving," Tsunami said concerned. "Don't worry Tsunami, He ate enough yesterday. It would be a miracle if Naruto was hungry," Sakura said while eating her food, Hikari grimaced as she had the flashback of the boys puking.

"I'll take some food up to him," Hikari offered, Sasuke had already left after having breakfast whereas Sakura, Kakashi and Hikari were having breakfast.

Tsunami smiled, handing Hikari a box of food for Naruto as Kakashi and Sakura left with Tazuna to the bridge. Making her way through the mountains using her Byakugan, Hikari spotted Naruto near a tree.

"Boo!!" Hikari exclaimed sneaking up behind her blonde nephew making him jump 2 feet high, "Hikari-sensei that was uncalled for!!" Naruto said, pouting as Hikari laughed her ass off.

Calming down she held out the box for Naruto, "Here since you were not at breakfast Tsunami sent you some," Hikari explained as Naruto's eyes lit up at the mention of food.

"AH I was getting hungry," Naruto claimed greedily reaching for the box when Hikari noticed his hands were very dirty, come to think of it Naruto was filthy head to toe.

Holding the box out of his reach Hikari scolded him, "You can't have food with your hands, it's filthy," Naruto looked at his hands before rubbing it on his filthy clothes before holding his hand out for the box.

Rolling her eyes Hikari sat down and unpacked the box, confused Naruto followed suit sitting down as Hikari grabbed the chopsticks. Scooping up some food she held it out for the boy. Naruto's eyes lit up, glossing over, never in his life had anybody willing fed him.

Naruto took the bite enjoying Tsunami's cooking as Hikari smiled slightly, she remembered how Kushina used to feed her running around after her. Sitting in front of her was a part of Kushina and her brother... That thought alone brought her warmth.

Soon the box was empty and Naruto was full, "Well I have to go and guard Tazuna and keep an out, so later," Hikari said, packing up the stuff before standing up.

Hikari was about to leave when she was stopped by Naruto grabbing onto the hem of her cloth, "Thank you Hikari-sensei," Naruto said smiling brightly as Hikari looked at him confused," For what Naruto?" She questioned him, tilting her head in confusion.

"For feeding me," Naruto said shyly, embarrassed. Hikari's eyes widened as she bit her lips, she felt her heart clench for the boy who never knew his parents and was isolated from the world, regarded like he had the plague, "Anytime."

✤✤✤

After dropping off the empty box at Tazuna's house Hikari had made her way towards the bridge, Sakura was with Tazuna so Hikari was sitting on the edge of one of the docks near the bridge.

Hikari was staring at the water that shimmered in the sunlight when she heard footsteps behind her. She didn't have to look up to realise that it was Kakashi, she could sense him. The silver haired Jonin sat down beside her, "What are you up to?"

"Since Sakura is guarding Tazuna, I decided to play a game called mimicry. I'm playing the part of a certain, arrogant turned lazy person by gazing at the water aimlessly," Hikari mused smirking sarcastically as Kakashi gave her a deadpan look.

"I do no such thing," Kakashi argued, an offense look visible in his one lone eye, "Oh I'm sorry I think I forgot to hold a perverted book," Hikari said sarcastically.

They sat in silence for a while as a dazed look came upon Hikari staring at the ocean, "Do you like the ocean?" Kakashi questioned her to which she nodded as her eyes gleamed, "Hmm the ocean is just so fascinating."

Kakashi looked at her confused, "The ocean is so calm and serene but at the same time it can be dangerous and life threatening," Hikari elaborated as Kakashi nodded but she could clearly see that he was not getting it when suddenly an idea popped into her head.

An evil smirk spread across her face, "Maybe if you looked at the ocean closely you might get it," Hikari spoke casually as Kakashi looked at her confused, before the silver haired Jonin could register what had happened, Hikari had already pushed him into the water.

Kakashi popped out of the water with his gravity defying hair for once not defying gravity as Hikari rolled on the dock laughing, "Oh god you totally fell for it," She said in between laughs.

"My hair," Kakashi grumbled before a glint similar to Hikari's passed his eye as he started making hand signs, Noticing this Hikari squint her eyes trying to figure out which sign he was weaving but it really was hard with the speed he was weaving it with.

Suddenly his weaving stopped as his soaked mask outlined a smirk before Hikari could react as she was pushed into the water. Gasping Hikari popped up holding onto Kakashi when she realised that he had weaved a sign for a shadow clone.

The shadow clone puffed as Hikari held onto Kakashi's shoulder for balance, "That was totally uncalled for," Hikari grumbled trying to catch her breath, "So was pushing me," Kakashi shot back smiling.

Hikari then burst out laughing along with Kakashi, this was the first time in years that the two of them had laughed so heartily. The two of them calmed down when Kakashi slowly lifted his arm up and pulled out the seaweed out of Hikari's hair along with pulling out her ponytail by mistake.

Hikari's wet brown hair was then left out making them fall over her shoulder to her mid back, Kakashi had seen Hikari with her hair open when they were young but at that time she had short hair and she wasn't soaked in water like now while clinging onto him for balance.

Slowly he brushed the wet bangs out of her eyes as his hold around her waist pulled her closer and her hands on his shoulder tightened while her cheeks dusted pink.

Kakashi felt his heart quicken as Hikari's breath deepened, All Kakashi could do right now was stare into Hikari blue eyes.

Snapping back into reality Kakashi let go of Hikari as she followed suit, quickly Kakashi held onto to a dock and pulled himself up before offering Hikari a hand. Hesitantly Hikari took his hand as Kakashi pulled her up.

"We should probably change before we catch a cold," Kakashi said, rubbing his hand behind his head, "Yeah, we probably should," Hikari mumbled as she hugged herself.

The duo made their way back to Tazuna's house to change.

●⎯⎯⎯ ❈❃❃❃❈⎯⎯⎯●