SEVEN

I lean on the light oak table ahed of me. It isn't much crowded today, the place smells like coffee, bread and sweetness. I watch, looking at no one in particular, occasionally switching my eyes to the street outside, from the glass wall. People watching, I feel a deep ache within my chest, a brewing unrest - which keep growing sometimes or dies instantly when something else captures my attention.  

I haven't seen him since last time, he hasn't visited. The couple sitting near the gate seem to be happy, i glance around, my gaze freezes.

Kriti and John.

Holding hands.

Kriti notices me watching them, she gives me a shy smile, excuses herself, and walks towards me. She begins making a latte behind me, working the machine . "We're dating" she says as she works.

"That's great" I say, without turning

"I know you've had a crush on him since forever" she looks towards me now  "and I'm sorry if it's hard for you but we both just really like each other I hope you're okay with it" she blurts continuously.

I still don't turn, I want to and don't want to at the same time. I guess I'm very much used to her sillyness by now, also I've been uninterested the whole day about everything. All of my thoughts are scattered, I haven't dwelled on one for long. Okay, maybe one.

"I'm okay with it" I say, my back still facing her.

"Really? You don't seem like it" she says, I know she's frowning, her voice changes this way when she frowns.

"I really am. I never had a crush on him." I say, facing her. Her expression thinks I'm lying. 

"If you say so" she says, somewhat unsure but hugs me nonetheless.

And that's when i see him, entering with his bag pack, still as same as the first day i saw him, his each strand of hair the same way, I know that's not possible, but he looks just....perfect.

He raised his eyebrows and smiled at me, coming straight towards me. My heart is already at speed 100. Slow down, idiot.

He took a stool and direct ahed of me. I didn't notice Kriti had gone back to her table, with John, handing him his coffee.

"Hi" I say,  gritting my teeth between an awkward smile.

"Hey" he smiles "Where were you?"

"My sister's wedding. I could've contacted you but we forgot to exchange numbers."

"Oh, i don't own a phone."

"What?"

"It's broken and I haven't replaced it yet." he corrected.

"Ah, okay. Would you like something to drink?" 

"Um" he pauses and gives an expression that would indicate deep thought, "Decaf" he says extracting the word from his brain.

I nodded.

He watched me silently as I poured him a cup. It's my favourite cup, I'm giving him my favourite cup. He's my favourite person. 

"You see that mountain" he asks, pointing to the left. I look through the glass and the green top far away. "Yes"

"Mount. San, I climb it often" he says nodding a little, he's seems plenty jolly today. "Would you like to join me tomorrow?"

"Yeah sure, I've always wanted to go trekking" I grin. 

I look at Mount. San the rest of my day after he leaves.