ONE

"Cynthia Swan, "

That's me. I turn around.

"What's up Maya?" I asked. "John's here to see you, again." she shrugged.
I saw him coming towards me with a smile. Idiot.

"Hey." he said and sat on one of the stools and leaned on the long breakfast table, it separating us. He had medium height and was fat.

"Well, I know you wanna check on the shop, but you don't have to come everyday!" I smiled my fake smile. (It's a deadly one.)

"Well yeah," he smiled back and started blabbering something I didn't hear. I usually just look at him and pretend to listen but wonder inside that how stupid can he be?

Today, instead, my eyes flitted to the entrance of the shop. He ushered in through the glass door. A black bag strap just over his one shoulder. He looked at me for a second and then went onto one of he empty tables at the right side of the shop.

He pulled a book from his bag and began reading it. His icy blue eyes focused on it with immense concentration. A little messy brownish hair, beautiful blue eyes, – icy and warm at the same time – light blue jeans and a dark blue flannel.

I don't usually check out every guy who comes, unlike, well, Maya, who by the way, was checking him out too. But, there was something about him, the air around him. The way he influenced the atmosphere in the whole room when he walked in. The way he looked at me for a second, which was also the last time he looked at me since he came because this idiot in front of me was still blabbering and Maya went for him instead.

My fabulous luck. Nevermind.

"Hey are you even listening?" John asked, frowning.

"Yeah. Ofcourse." I replied.

"So, you'll prep her then?"

"Wait, who?"

"Kriti"

"Who's Kriti?"

"The new girl Thea. You'll prep her right? She'll come by tomorrow morning." John replied.

"Yeah, Sure." I said, being unsure.

He left.

A new girl?

Maya was making coffee for him, singing and dancing throughout the process and hopped towards him, she placed his coffee on the round oak table.

"Thankyou." he said, smiling.

"Is there anything else I can do for you?" she asked, tapping her fingers on the table. Could totally get the double meaning in her sentence.

But he just said, "No, thankyou again.", smiling. I swear one more time he smiles, and Maya's gonna faint there.

"Okay." she said dreamily.

He didn't drink his coffee. All the while, he was just reading. And soon, left.

                                * * *

It was dark now outside and everyone had left. I too packed my stuff and headed out. I turned back, and gave this place a last glance before leaving.

A long breakfast table in the middle of the coffee shop, oak brown, small, round tables with cute chairs around. The right side had a thick see through glass instead of a wall. Brown furniture. Orange-yellow lights shining up on the cealing. I loved this little place, I loved working here.

Beside the entrance door was a board where people wrote cute little notes, and, I noticed there was a new one

Peaceful place
~Edward

Edward.

--------------------------------------------------------------
A/N :

Hey guys, did you like this chapter? I know it's a short one, but as this is my first one I didn't wanted to bother you with much. What do you think about Cynthia (Thea)? You'll get to know her more in the coming chapters.
This is my first ever book, I hope you like it and enjoy reading it :)

If you did, please vote, share and comment :)

See you soon,
Euphoria💜