FIVE

Oh no, of course I was in a hospital. Of course I bumped into the car, that pretty red beast.

"How are you feeling?" the young nurse beside me asked, scribbling onto her notepad.

"Pretty normal actually." I replied.

"Good, you weren't hurt much, you were lucky the driver pulled over at the right time."

"Who got me here?"

"Oh, so you didn't know each other? This boy," she took a quick glance at her notepad, "Edward, his name. You're ready to be discharged, he payed the bills. Take care!" she said.

That, was not so of course.

I walked slow through the hallways, I'd hoped he'd be here somewhere near, but he had already gone. Classic, dude.

It was still afternoon, and I felt fine so I decided to continue my shift. I walked into the coffee shop. He was waiting, the same table, his table - and this time - he looked at me.

Maya put the steaming mugs in front of us. "Hello, my name is Edward Allen. We didn't have the chance to talk." Wonder who's fault that is. "Hey." I smile a weak smile, "Thank you for taking me to the hospital, how much did it cost I'll-"

"It's fine, I got it covered, and besides, that's not why I came here to talk to you. Come with me." and he was headed for the door before I could even reply. I followed, nothing else came to my head at the moment.

A park, a huge one. Tress. grass. people. kids. He walked, and I followed (he walked too fast and won't slow down for me) till we found a less crowded spot. Two trees circling us. He looked at me, we both sat down. "Are you okay now?" he asked, concerned, genuinely concerned - not the kind where you're obliged to ask someone how they are when they've just been almost hit by a car - "Well, yeah. It didn't exactly hit me."

"I couldn't talk there, it was risky so I had to bring you here." I wanted to ask him what risk, but he talked first.

"why did you follow me?"

"what?"

"why did you follow me?"

Was this all one sided? I thought there was something between us, an unsaid connection, the air sure did feel different. My heart still raced as I sat beside him, and I notice we're sitting really close, just a few inches away. Agonising inches away. I look at his blue eyes. Oh no, not the eyes. He must be used to it, people admiring him. I felt foolish.

"Well...I wanted to, um, well talk to you." I stumble upon the sentences.

"about what?"

"well, for starters...why don't you ever drink your coffee?"

that made him smile. "I don't really like coffee much, I came to see you everyday." he said.

"wait, what? who doesn't like coffee?" I blurted instantly.

that made him smile again, that attractive crooked smile. My heart should not do all these summersaults, it's gonna fall. I came to see you everyday.

* * *