FOUR

It was Valentine's Day.

And we had stayed late decorated the whole shop yesterday . Heart shaped balloons all over the place, a "𝙑𝘼𝙇𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙄𝙉𝙀'𝙎 𝘿𝘼𝙔" sticker in the middle of the shop. Special menus, offers, we even gave greeting cards and free cupcakes to couples today. Romantic songs playing, and I took the liberty to play all my favourite songs today.

The place was most crowded. Normal days, people come, drink their coffee and leave. But today, I mostly saw couples holding hands or kissing. Looking at each other with eyes full of love, expressing their love to their beloveds. It kind of makes me envious and happy at the same time.

You'd get to see all types of couple this day. The too clingy ones, the we're too in love ones. The one's you'll see the next day breaking up.

I decided to confront him today. I waited for him, for a long time, but he didn't show up today.

And just when I was about to lose hope,

I saw him.

He was watching me, his hands dug into his pockets, eyes focused at me through the crystal clear glass I just spent cleaning in the morning. I disturbed his concentration, he quickly walked away.

I had to follow him, and I did. I ran through the small alley beside the shop. I arrived at the main highway.

Cars. Noise. Chaos.

Where did he go? I look sideways: a red car,

it's pretty,

it's pretty close.

It's too close.

A loud noise. Fading car lights. Slow chaos. Oblivion..