44.

For the first time, Sanchez could actually say he felt different waking up on his birthday

       For the first time, Sanchez could actually say he felt different waking up on his birthday. Twenty-six felt like it was going to be filled with peace and fulfillment, and waking up to not only his woman in his arms but their family serving him breakfast in cheer stamped it. Especially because it was all he wanted for his birthday; to be out of town with the people he loved, having a good time for a couple days. That wish was brought to life by Asha. His heart was full.

Unlike the first four days of their trip, they were taking the time to enjoy the villa instead of filling the day with excursions. But rather than lay around and let their bodies rest from the heat and slight workouts, they were down by the shore for a 2-on-2. Asha and Sanchez versus Dallas and Dorian. The ball was in his and Asha's possession, and with their back to their opponents, he gave her a route to run. She nodded and listened carefully to not fuck up their chance to break the tie they were in. Once it was confirmed that she knew what to do, they got into position and he hiked the ball.

"Where you going?" Dallas blocked Asha off, not giving her much room to make the play. "I'm on yo ass."

Sanchez moved back and stiffed armed Dorian to give Asha time to shake off Dallas. Asha tried to use her arm to knock Dallas back some, but it did nothing. She quick stepped to the left and threw her arm up just as he sent the ball in her direction. Both her and Dallas jumped up to catch it but Asha was the one to actually make the catch. Their bodies collided on the way down yet neither of them reacted to their crash. Instead, Asha hopped back up and slammed the ball in the sand before celebrating with the chicken head dance.

"Yeahhh!" Sanchez amped her up from where he stood.

Dallas got up from the sand and gave Asha a shove that made her obnoxiously laugh in Dallas' face just to egg on her antics. She was about to say something ignorant just because when she was taken off her feet by Sanchez. He'd scooped her up in one arm, swung her around then placed her back to her feet and poked her chest.

"That's how you play fucking ball. You hit that ah, ah," he mimicked her steps with a proud nod.

"Show some sportsmanship." Dorian wore look of disgust at their behavior as he dusted Dallas off. "You did good, babe. You was on her ass forreal."

"I know I was." Dallas shrugged it off.

"And still got her ass Moss'd." said Sanchez. "Chin up, cuh."

"Y'all got that. Still whooped y'all ass in that race tho."

"Blah, blah, blah." Asha fanned her hand. "That doesn't matter right now. We're in this moment— the present. Not the past."

"Type shit. Accept our win and let's move on." Sanchez spoke from his place behind Asha.

Dorian whispered something in Dallas' ear to make her size the other couple up before laughing. Dorian smirked and pulled her away. Asha childishly stuck her tongue out at them already knowing they were talking shit under their breath.