46.

Off season seemed to be more about football than it was about Sanchez taking time to focus on his other endeavors or to merely have time to himself

Off season seemed to be more about football than it was about Sanchez taking time to focus on his other endeavors or to merely have time to himself. Due to his team making it as far as they had, his team--managers and sponsors--wanted to benefit from the successful season. He saw the inside of a plane more than his home much like during the season, but he had no problem with the money he was making from doing business. His problem started when it interfered with the idea of how he was going to actually spend his off-season, which was taking care of his properties and spending as much time as he could with Asha and family. He hadn't seen them for more than two days at a time.

As he sat outside one of his Atlanta properties, he watched the twins fuss with one another over facetime like he wasn't on the phone. It all started over a fallen chicken tender, and now they were scrapping like enemies.

"Hey, hey," he called from his end. "Stop that. Now."

"Mm," Indya stuck her tongue out at Isla who then smacked her. "Bitch."

"Indya." Sanchez's eyes widened at the curse word. His shock went unacknowledged as Isla dove on top of Indya, swinging like a mad woman.

It wasn't until he yelled for someone to come to where they were and Indya screaming from the hole Isla was trying to bite into her, that Ruben appeared. He snatched them apart and tossed them on either ends of the sofa. Sanchez couldn't help but to start laughing. He felt like he'd just watched the toddler version of a reality show the way they were at one another's throat. All over a chicken tender falling on accident.

"And you sat here and let them do that." Ruben fussed at Sanchez after getting the girls settled in their respective corners.

Sanchez laughed, "What was I supposed to do through the phone? I tried to tell them to stop. I was even calling for you and Dija."

"The hell they even in here fighting about?" Ruben picked up the iPad, face balled up like he'd been involved in the fight himself.

"Isla's chicken tender fell and she felt like Indya did it. Y'all teaching them to cuss?"

"Cuss? Who cussed?" Ruben spun to look at the girls.

"Nuh uhhhh!" they instantly rejected responsibility for using a bad word.

"Nah, they ain't cuss. I'm just instigating." Sanchez lied to save them from getting in trouble.

"Well, they finna take they ass to sleep. It's nap time. They finna run me raggedy. Tell Nooney bye. Y'all can talk later. "

"Byeee," they sounded sad and angry at the same time.

"Talk to y'all later," he waved before he and his dad said their farewell and ended the call.

Finally, he opened the door of his rental and climbed out to go inside the apartment complex. It was his very first purchase and was now going two years strong. He'd been sitting outside people watching, and was now going inside to speak with the general manager and property manager. He entered to them all huddled at the front desk computer.