II- Taking The Fall

Warning: conversations about suicide, angst, groping, violence, and blood.

This is a really long chapter. I don't know what to feel about it but I hope you guys enjoy.

-Juwee 💖

"Well. I ate at my favorite restaurant and now I'm going to jump to death." I say confidently, like I want a reward for that.

"Oh okay." He remarked, just as cool. "Me too" he said.

He moved closer to me, still sitting on the thin railing. I flinch whenever he looked unsteady, the bodyguard in me working on autopilot.

"I went here because this was where Vegas' locator was last tracked. I figured maybe he booked a room with Porsche at a hotel nearby but Arm found his tracker at the restaurant. He removed it at the bathroom and left it there. I gotta give it to him, Pete. He's sharp. When we got here, Porsche and him were not there anymore."

So Vegas was just here? At the restaurant? I guess finally got to bring the real love of his life. A bitter taste filled my mouth.

I sit next to Khun Kinn and watch the city lights with shivers down my spine knowing that one wrong move and I'd fall all the way down and die. Just like I want but still, I want to be ready for it. Surprises are not allowed right now!

"I guess we're dying in style." Khun Kinn said and I noticed we were both dressed really well tonight.

"But you have so much to live for. You have your father, your brothers, and your successful company." I say to him.

"And you? You have the people in my life too. My brothers and my father adore you. On top of that, you have your gradma"

That's right. Grandma. I prepared everything of course. I happened to have saved a million Baht while working, and I saved the extra money everytime Vegas gave me some too and he gave me a lot. I've arranged everything from the most expensive nursing home in Thailand to funeral expenses should her day come.

I nod at Khun Kinn, imagining the heartbreak my grandma and Khun Noo would feel.

"Ai, Khun Kinn! Are we trying to die together or are we trying to stop each other from jumping?" I tried to make light of our situation.

"We both lost the ones we love." He was talking again, ignoring my attempt to be funny.

"No, you lost one. I lost two." He never really liked Vegas but I loved both Vegas and Porsche. I lost them both. They betrayed me.

"Is this a compeition?!"his voice rised a little, to my satisfaction.

"Yes, and I win the competition on who's the bigger loser" I say to him and he falls quiet again.

"You know what? What about we just jump later tonight, you and me? We look really good now. Do you want to go to a casino? I should spend every last dime I could before I go. What do you say?" He said a bit cheerful. I don't know why we're both taking death so unseriously.

"Sure. I brought Vegas' credit card. Want to use this instead?" I ask him and he grins so wide he was all teeth and eyebrows and no face.

"This is going to be the best night in a long time, then. Let's go." He said and we both stand, trying to get down from the railing.

"Bzzzzz. Bzzzzzz...." my phone started to buzz in my pocket.

Vegas...

I think it's Vegas. Maybe he's home now. Maybe he's wondering why I wasn't there. Maybe he came home and realized he wanted to be with me after all. I hurriedly grab my phone but before I could even look at the screen, I had suddenly lost my balance and couldn't grab onto the metal I was holding onto earlier.