Chapter ☣︎

"So, we're in a game now huh?" Cuphead asked as he rubbed his bum. Alright, probably some explaining would be nice? Long story short; you tried to learn Spanish, because you were bored. You probably pronounced a word wrong, making you think a demon would be summoned in your kitchen, but NOOOOOO! Not even close. You were somehow teleported from one game, to another game! Poppy Playtime, in this case. Along with your best friends Cuphead and Mugman. Not the best situation, since you and Cuphead had a very bad argument just 30 minutes ago...

"I know this game-" "'Course you do.. You from the future, compared to us." Cuphead says harshly, before getting smacked on the head by Mugman. "Cups, it happened 30 minutes ago. Get over it!" Mugs hissed, Cuphead just rolled his eyes in annoyance. "So, (y/n)- What is this game and what do we do?" Mugman asks. "It's an indie horror game, taken place in the near future. The game sees us as ex-employees and we're trapped in here. We have to find a new exit to escape the factory while we're being chased by our enemies; Living Toys." You explain and Mugman stands scared stiff. "What do you mean 'we're trapped'?? Look, there's a door over here! You can just-..." Cuphead brags as he walk over towards the entry doors of the building. Once he tries to open them, they won't budge.. Not even a centimeter! "Told you, we're trapped." You muttered.

"Guys, guys! I think it's for the best if we start searching for a new exit now. Arguing definitely won't make this situation better." Mugman states and you nod. "Totally with that point.. Let's split up. To make it go faster-" "I'm going with Mugs!" Cuphead interrupts you as he drags his brother to the right room. You groan in annoyance and follow your way towards the left room.

"Toy Shop!" You exclaim as you look inside the room. It's filled with toys, but the disturbing this is.. There's this dark red liquid everywhere... "'S that blood?" Cuphead asks. "Thought you and Mugs would go search a way out yourself?" You asked not caring to look at Cuphead. "The door was locked. It needs a color code." Cups says. "Strange train.." Mugman mutters as he looks at a small toy train riding on the ceiling. "Red.. Yellow.. Pink.. Green.." You mutter and Cuphead rushes over towards the other room. "Red, yellow, pink, green!" He says out loud while clicking on the colored buttons. A beeping sound was heard and the door opens. "Boom!" He cheers and you three walk in. Your eyes land on a green VHS tape. "Hey guys, what's this?" You ask and Mugman comes standing next you you. "A VHS tape, we should watch it." He says and you put it in the recorder. "What's going on here?" Cups asks. "Shhhh!"

*CLICK!!*

"Hi, my name is Leith Pierre and I'm the head of innovation here at the Playtime Co. Toy Factory.

If you're seeing this, then you're trespassing. Yeah, we play this little tape on loop whenever we close the factory for the day. So trespasser, just to make you aware. While we pride ourselves primarily on our high quality toys and excellent childcare, we also pride ourselves on our security.

For example, this facility is full of hidden motion triggers which, once set off, will set off the factory's emergency alarms and directly contact the authorities! And that's one of the more tame aspects of our security system. No spoilers...

So, you've got my warning. It's not too late to turn around. I just hope you're certain whatever you're doing is worth it."
*CLICK*
"Well it'd be handy if the doors actually would be able to open when one wants them to open!" Cuphead huffs in annoyance. "We probably triggered that motion trigger over there in the corner of the ceiling. The system must've locked the entry doors?" Mugs explains which sounds very logical. "uhuh, sure. Anywho, I found something cool in the room!" Cuphead says and he walks back to the room he just opened. Once you enter you see this is the security room. "They didn't lie when they said they pride themselves on their security." You say in awe, looking at the many computer screens. "Come check this out guys!" Cuphead beams as he points at a device trapped inside the wall, behind a glass door. "I found another tape!" Mugman says as he holds a blue VHS tape this time. He puts it inside the recorder and a video starts playing.

Once the video is done playing, the glass door opens and Cuphead picks out the device. "So, this thing is called a grab pack?" Cuphead questions examining the thing. "Yep, it technically a device used here to work." You explain and he nods. "Then I think you should wear it (y/n), since you know the game." Mugman suggests and Cuphead nods. "Alright then." You say putting it on. "It's good to see you two can at least AGREE with each other again.." Mugman exclaims and Cuphead grunts. "I'm still mad at her!" "Same here, just he's a guy." You say. "And yet, another agreement." An awkward silence filled the room until you finally noticed, the grab pack was missing one of his hands. "I saw a door with a scanning plate on it. Perhaps we should check it?" You suggest and the boys agree. Once arrived at the door, you shoot the blue hand to the scanner and withing a few seconds it opens! Revealing your first enemy... Huggy Wuggy!
"Aaaaaand... GUDBYE!!" Cuphead says as he turns around, determined to walk away but Mugan stops him. "Where would you wanna go Cuphead?! The exit is locked and there's no-one else here to help us!" Mugs yelled. "The authorities are informed yes??! I'm sure they'll get here soon!" Cups yells back. "The factory has been abandoned for years Cups, the authorities wouldn't give a shit if three teenagers wandered around here." You say and Cups looks at you with a surprised expression. Determined you walk towards the 17ft tall toy, pressing the button to hear the song. "Yeah.. That's not a scary tune." Cups mutters, loud enough for you all to hear. "We should probably see if one of these doors can open.. Hey, the one over there has the hand scanning thingy!" Mugman exclaims pointing at the door that has a blue hand spanning plate above it. As you shoot your blue hand on it the power gets cut off.
"WE'RE TRAPPED EVEN MORE NOW!!" Cuphead yelps and you roll your eyes. "Oh, shut up! Look, Huggy has a key in his hand now!" You smile as you grab the key. "Who the fuck is Huggy???" Cuphead asks as you unlock the Power Room. "That's the doll, idiot." Mugman huffs, following you in. You walk around the room, noticing two input points and two poles that can guide electricity. "I think I see what we have to do!" You say as you shoot your hand at input 1. The wire of your grab pack starts glowing up from the electricity and you wrap it around the poles, resulting the power to come back! "Good thing we gave an experienced person that thing! We'll get outta here way faster then we even thought!" Cuphead cheers as he turns around to head back to the main area. You and Mugs follow him, finding a stiff Cuphead once now who's pointing at the place where Huggy just was...

"He fucked off...!"

1254 words