Chapter ⚠︎⚠︎⚠︎

Before Mugman goes down the stairs, Cups stops him. "Brother..?" He asks and Mugman turns around. "Yeah, Cups?" He responds and Cuphead starts to tear up. "I'm so sorry for everything I've done..! N-not only to you or the staff, our friends, b-but also.. (y/n)..." He cries softly and Mugman hugs him, rubbing his back. "It's okay, I forgive you.. And I'm sure (y/n) does as well.." He smiles. Cuphead and Mugman look at me, I don't know what they just said since I was busy checking out the many drawings around the Game Station. I look back confused but give a soft smile before getting back to staring at the drawings, looking for clues. "If you truly care for her, stop doing stupid things and build up that wonderful friendship again. Make her trust you again and when the time comes..." Mugman stops and Cuphead wipes his tears away. "I promise I'll be a better brother and friend.. But you have to promise me something..." Cuphead pauses for a moment and Mugman looks at him with patients. "..P-please don't die..!" He whispers before giving his brother a big hug, filled with love just like his brother did when he was wearing the impenetrable invisible sweater.

When I was done looking at the drawings.. Or actually when I found out Mugs was about to leave to the game I ran up to him hugging him tightly. "You lucky bastard, gets the easiest game of the three!" I pout in a playful way. "I'll be fine, (n/n)! I promise." He smiles. "You bet, you still owe me a bag of (favorite candy) because of that bet you lost!" I smirk and he scoffs. "Good luck Mugsy!" You cheer giving him two thumbs up. "Good luck brother.." Cuphead smiles weakly and Mugman waves us goodbye, leaving us alone in the big hall.

There was a long awkward silence between us and I sat down on one of the benches in the Game Station. Cuphead sits next to me, twiddling his thumbs. "He'll be fine Cups!" I reassure him and he smiles weakly, nodding carefully not keeping his eyes off the doorway to Musical Memory. Again an awkward silence falls over us. "So... We're not gonna talk about it..?" He asks eventually. "T-talk about what, exactly..?" I ask looking at him. "About what you saw..? What happened 2 hours ago? When I... b-broke your heart...?" His voice breaks.. 'He does care..?' I think while I'm very shocked. Out of all people I never thought Cuphead would start this talk... Not in this way.. "I mean.. S-sure, if that makes you feel better.." I accept and he sighs softly, his breath is shaky... "First of all.. I want you to know that...-" He swallows. "IF we die here.. I want things to be okay between us. I don't want to die with this on my shoulders.. Not this guilt and the fact that I betrayed you..." He stammers, voice cracking like crazy.. "It's okay to cry y'know..?" I smile softly at him, rubbing his back. I partly forgave him.. But I want him to apologize first before I fully forgive him.

~flashback~

Flirt after flirt... I thought he liked me, but he just threw it all away in one second. How could I be so fucking blind?! Of course he would leave me for someone better! This new girl, *(e/n) caught Cup's attention the minute she got here. She got the same uniform as me, but in black and white. She immediately gave it back and said she needed a XS size skirt instead of an S, so King Dice gave her one in XS. After she got out of the changing room, you heard multiple glasses fall on the ground. You turned and saw Cuphead standing behind the bar, red faced and looking at the new girl. Her skirt was too short, the third button was loose along with the two upper buttons and she didn't wear her leggings as our dress code for staff calls. She also had her hair down, strictly forbidden here in the casino as staff members. I told her to put it in a ponytail or bun but she just scoffed and walked over to Cups. My heart dropped as I heard her say... "How'd you like a woman in uniform~?" But I shook it off. How could I do that when I had a wonderful and flirtyfull night yesterday with Cuphead and me literal CUDDLING on my sofa?!

2 weeks later..

I was currently serving some costumers in the casino, happily enjoying my job. It was a nice Saturday! The sun was shining, there were no rude costumers and I only worked until 2pm today! It was all nice until someone tapped on my shoulder. It was Mugman, Cuphead's younger but smarter brother. "What's up Mugsy Mug?" I smile but my smile drops when I see his worried and rather sad facial expression... "(Y/n), we have to talk.. Right. Now." He says and I nod. "Pirouletta, could you be so kind to take the orders of table 42? It's an emergency, I think.." I ask my friend and she nods. I follow Mugman into the employees room, to find the sofa.. stained... "What are those stains? Looks gross!" I say in disgust. "I'll show you." Mugman says sternly showing me a video of Cuphead and... (e/n) half naked on each other doing... I cannot even believe what I'm seeing! I'm absolutely disgusted. Cuphead, pounding into (e/n) on high speed... Good thing Mugman has his volume off because I don't wanna fucking hear it. "Look.. I-I'm sorry (y/n)... My brother isn't like t-this at all..!" Mugman tries but my blood is boiling, my heart is frozen my eyes are watery... I turn around sharply, when I walk out of the employees room I find King Dice who asks me what I was doing in the employees room, without having a good reason to be there. I look up at him and his facial expression changes. "C-can I please go home...?" I ask softly and he nods. He seems to know.. because Cuphead was demanded to come pay King Dice a visit in his office... I run towards my locker, grab my stuff and run out of the casino... Crying my fucking. Eyes. Out...

~end of flashback~

Why would I forgive him? Because I remembered a rather sneaky detail in the video. His eyes were light pink, big pupils and his glove had a dark brown stain on it... He was high at that point, but I haven't seen him blow in like.. What? 4 months? It was her... (e/n) must've done something to him to make him loose control over his own actions! I see the tears in his eyes as he brings his hands to his face and that's the point where he breaks down completely. "I MESSED UP!! I MESSED UP (Y/N)!! I MESSED UP SO FUCKING BADLY!!! I MESSED UP!! I MESSED UP!! I MESSED UP!! I MESSED UP!! I MESSED UP!! I MESSED UP!! I MESSED UP!! I MESSED UP!! I MESSED UP!! I MESSED UP!! I MESSED UP!!" He keeps repeating while he's shaking badly, shrinking into a ball as I look at him shocked. I keep rubbing his back, but it's not enough... I hug his shaking body while he screams in his hands while his tears leak through his hands on the cold stone floor. "Cuphead... I.. i-it's okay.. you..-" I start but he interrupts me. "IT'S NOT FUCKING OKAY!! I BETRAYED YOU!! I KNEW I SHOULD'VE CONFESSED TO YOU YESTERDAY, I HAD THE FUCKING RIGHT MOMENT TO DO IT BUT SHE HAD TO RUIN IT THE NEXT DAY!!! SHE FUCKING FED ME DRUNK AND MADE ME HIGH AND I FUCKED HER RIGHT THERE ON THE EMPLOYEE SOFA!!! HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY FORGIVE ME, I AM SUCH A TERRIBLE FRIEND!!" He yells, bringing his hands off his face, looking at me. Eyes red from the tears this time, his face dirty because of the mixed snot and tears, along with his gloves. He breaths heavily and shakily... I don't know what to say, just sitting there in complete shock. "J-just.. L-LEAVE ME ALONE, I DON'T WANT YOU TO FORGIVE ME!!" He yells standing up and running over to the other side of the Game Station, hiding in one of the play structures. I hear his cries and sniffles from the distance and I tear up myself...

'Emotions are so fucking complicated...'

1415 words

*(E/n) = your enemy's name