Chapter ☢︎☢︎☢︎

"That's where we lost each other..." Cuphead speaks with a soft voice, holding onto y/n's hand. Dice took notice of this and raised an eyebrow but thought not to say anything about it.

"Woah... Did you do that?"
"Well... kinda?"
"I guess that's where Catnap found you."
"I know you're probably mad at Poppy for not letting you escape. But she needs you."
"We need you."

"Who is we?"

"You are our mission."

"This is getting creepy now, not gonna lie."
"Who even is this kid?" Dice asks.

"Together we can safe a lot of people. Including you!"

"Uhhh... For as far I know we are the only ones here. Because from all the blood stains everywhere, they all died or something." Y/n exclaims, but the kid doesn't react to it.

"Playcare is straight ahead, it's the home of Catnap... One of 'The Smiling Critters'."
"There used to be... eight of them, I think? Now it's just him."
"Playcare is his church, his hunting ground. Whatever he wants it to be."
"You better get moving quickly... We'll keep in touch."

"Sounds very reasonable."

"Oh, and by the way, my name is Ollie! Nice to meet you."

The group had gotten to the next stop of the train and Cuphead gasped. "WHAAAAT?! ONLY A FEW FEET AWAY AND WE COUD'VE JUST GOTTEN HERE LIKE THAT???!!" He yelled in disbelieve as everyone climbed on the station.

"The gates seem to be locked." Dice said as he tried to climb over them but y/n stopped him. "Dice wait!" She exclaimed stopping Dice right in his tracks as he saw what y/n was pointing at. Motion detectors and possible an alarm connected to them. "Got it." He said as the lights already turned green. "Wh- huh??" He exclaimed before Devil and Cuphead came out of a room.

"Done it!" Devil exclaimed proudly. "Done it? Done it?? I was the one who helped you solve that puzzle!" Cuphead glared at Devil. "Yeah well I still did all the work so I take all the credit." Devil grins as they enter through the gates.

"Elliot's Express?" "See the world through the eyes of a kid!" Cuphead and y/n read out loud.

"I'M KICKENCHICKEN. WANNA GO OUTSIDE AND HANG OUT?!"

They hear behind them. It was a cut board Devil had activated. "His voice is unsettling for a little chicken..." Devil says with a face of disgust. "Chickens are scary though..." Y/n agrees. They walk further and find a cable cart. "Okay... dead end?" Dice asks before noticing the two levers next to each side of the cart.

"Oh." He said before switching the first one and Devil switching the next one. The door of the cart opened and the gang entered, closing the door behind them and the cart started moving...

"Hello. My name is Elliot Ludwig."
"When you look around at the world today, what one thing do you think it needs more of?"
"I asked around, once; 'Money, I never have enough.' 'Understanding, I can never get any.' 'Faith, the common man has lost it.'"

"Each answer was different... and I could perhaps see some little truth in each."
"But I think each was also missing something. Something simple."
"You see, not one of them could muster a smile."

There was a short pause while the crew was transported towards a huge metal ball in a huge cave underneath the factory. "To think this is all underneath a fucking toy factory!" Cuphead exclaims as they go through an opening of the ball.